Cleveland thoughts?

Fabia999

Visit site
Hey all,

I’ve had Cleveland launchers for about 2 years and I’m a big fan of them. I’ve used the RTX4 and I like those as well.

I really like the look of the new Cleveland launcher driver as well as the frontline putters.

Where does Cleveland come against brands like TaylorMade/ Callaway/ Titleist etc? Do you think they’re underrated or overrated?

Also has anybody tried the new driver and if so, what was your thoughts on it?

Cheers

Fabia999

Visit site
If you like it, buy it. Don't worry what anyone else thinks.

They're a good brand

I’m not worried what other people think. I’m interested in what people’s thoughts are of the brand. I feel like they don’t get mentioned like TaylorMade and titleist do. Is that justified?

I was also just wondering on what reviews of their new clubs are getting.

sammyboy

Visit site
My lob wedge is Cleveland. 60 degrees with 10 degrees of bounce.

I'd love to get something fancier. But it does the job really well. It just works and it's a club I am confident in. Get what works for you. I'd say kb shots were a strong point for me so the fancy brand isn't something that is holding me back.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They are a very good brand, especially their wedges. They do perhaps go under the radar for their drivers and irons but that doesn't mean they're a bad brand. It is hard to compare brand to brand as each offer different things and market themselves differently

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Cleveland make excellent clubs and at one point I had a bag with the Classic Driver, 588CB irons, Rotex wedges and a TFI putter. The irons were forged and had great feel and I have kept them for future use. I still use the wedges and can recommend their putters as good quality and good value compared to other brands.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Just bought the CBX launcher irons a few weeks ago, impressed so far, apart from today's nightmare round, but that was definitely my fault and not the fault of the clubs!

I watched some driver reviews after getting the irons and was generally positive, but no adjustability and apparently the sound isn't great, but I guess that's a person preference thing anyway

jmf1488

Club Champion
Visit site
If you were testing the optimal performance for each of the top drivers the Cleveland one wont come out on top. For your average golfer though that means nothing. Your swing is going to hinder your shots much more than the minimal differences between the top brands. If you like the look and the price then get it in the bag. Look and feel is very important also.

dagarra

Visit site
I got a Cleveland putter (the Huntington Beach one), the only thing I've ever owned by them and for the price I paid, I am delighted with it. Really nice club both in looks and feel

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are definitely known for making good wedges. I'm sure their other clubs are good quality as well, and a tad cheaper than the top brands. Three of my wedges are Cleveland and I'm very happy with them.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As per my signature, I play Cleveland CG16 irons and I am happy with them. I've had this set about 8 years and before that a set of CG7's.
The CG7's were only 18 months old when traded in, nothing wrong with the irons it was purely the offer at the time.
Cleveland before the Srixon branding were massive in America, but for some reason they didn't concur Europe.
They do make quality gear. I read somewhere that Cleveland irons are aimed at the recreational golfer, whereas Srixon is aimed at the serious golfer. Golf badges mean nothing hit what you feel comfortable with.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have the Cleveland RTX 2.0 CB wedges, 50 and 56.
I also have the Cleveland Classic 3 & 5 fairways which are great clubs. Seven years old but still fly and easy to use.
Cleveland always had a reputation for making good clubs. They just weren't as fashionable as some of the bigger brands.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great irons, great wedges but I have never tried the woods.

Some years ago I switched the shaft on my TM R580 3 to the one fitted on the Cleveland Launcher as I thought it was a shaft much better suited to fairway clubs.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Hey all,

I’ve had Cleveland launchers for about 2 years and I’m a big fan of them. I’ve used the RTX4 and I like those as well.

I really like the look of the new Cleveland launcher driver as well as the frontline putters.

Where does Cleveland come against brands like TaylorMade/ Callaway/ Titleist etc? Do you think they’re underrated or overrated?

Also has anybody tried the new driver and if so, what was your thoughts on it?

Cheers

Personal view is Cleveland stuff is as good as anything else. The stuff is reasonably priced and I have had Cleveland wedges, putter, hybrids and still have them in play across my main bag and spare bag.

TM / Callaway are getting you with marketing and being 'reassuringly expensive'.

If you like the Driver and you can test it and get good results, then no point paying an extra £150 for it to say Callaway on it.

sunshine

Visit site
I thought Cleveland was a great character, perfect foil for Peter and Quagmire, but when he got his own show there weren't enough jokes and it was a bit rubbish.