WITB - Indulge me

Teebs

Visit site
How are you liking the i230's?

I'm just recovering from further foot surgery and then I'm booking a fitting. They look sensational

I've only hit them on the range so far, but the fitting(s) were very good indeed. Not super long, but very forgiving and a lovely flight. 7 days door to door for a custom order too..

Klimski

Visit site
Not sure if this qualifies as an old thread but here goes: I usually play 8-9 clubs. WHS 18:

Cleveland OS Sport 410cc 10.5 with apollo stepless steel shaft
Cleveland Mashie 5 wood (18 degree)
Perfect Club 7 wood (21 degree)
Mizuno mx-17 (either 5,7,9 OR 6,8)
Cleveland Smart Sole C wedge
Cleveland 500RTX 56 degree
Mizuno H-505 putter 35 inch

I have been experimenting a lot with Driver, trying to get a great one without spending lots of money. But I haven't really had any luck. Bought and sold (over the last 3 years, Srixon, Titleist, Mizuno, Snake Eyes, Cleveland...) the journey continues

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure if this qualifies as an old thread but here goes: I usually play 8-9 clubs. WHS 18:

Cleveland OS Sport 410cc 10.5 with apollos stepless steel shaft
Cleveland Mashie 5 wood (18 degree)
Perfect Club 7 wood (21 degree)
Mizuno mx-17 (either 5,7,9 OR 6,8)
Cleveland Smart Sole C wedge
Cleveland 500RTX 56 degree
Mizuno H-505 putter 35 inch

I have been experimenting a lot with Driver, trying to get a great one without spending lots of money. But I haven't really had any luck. Bought and sold (over the last 3 years, Srixon, Titleist, Mizuno, Snake Eyes, Cleveland...) the journey continues
"The perfect club" what the hell? 😂

If you're looking for an old driver that still works well, just stick to the Ping G# range. Whether it be G25, G30 or newer, they're all decent.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
"The perfect club" what the hell? 😂
I remember those, my FiL bought one. It's an early version of an off set hybrid, before hybrids existed, if memory serves me right. Advertised on TV shopping channels, imported from the US. Obviously, the name came from a marketing brainstorming session 😄

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Get yourself a Ping G10 driver 10.5
If you cant hit that get a Ping G10 3 wood.
If you cant hit that, you can't hit anything

Klimski

Visit site
Yeah, the Ping G series is what I've been eyeing up. Thanks for the reminder though haha. As for the Perfect Club - it's by no means perfect, but it is really easy to hit around 165 yards, from any lie. I've tried replacing it, but it just won't go away hehe

sjw

Visit site
PXG 0811 XF Driver
Stealth irons, 1 deg weak, 1 deg flat, 5-PW
Kirkland wedges (52, 56, 60)
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball

I also have a really crappy 3 wood that I use occasionally off the tee on particular holes, ditto a 22deg hybrid, but they suck even on decent strikes, so they'll be where I look to upgrade next. Honestly, I don't really feel the need right now - the only time I wish they were better is if I duff my driver!