Centurion

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i like Centurion, especially when it opened and the greens were fantastic - but never reached thjose highs on subsequent visits. Been a few years since i have played so will try and get over there again this summer to check it out. But £285 would make it one of the most overpriced games in the country

sunshine

Visit site
Scrolling down the thread titles that’s £15 more than the green fee at The Old Course. It’s nowhere near worth that, £100 tops for a society day for me.

I don't think it's fair to compare this to a green fee (at the Old Course or anywhere else).

The £285 includes breakfast and a 4 course meal. Food at Centurion was provided by Michelin starred chefs the Galvin brothers so I assume a lot of the price goes on fine dining.

Personally I wouldn't spend that much but everyone has their preference.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think it's fair to compare this to a green fee (at the Old Course or anywhere else).

The £285 includes breakfast and a 4 course meal. Food at Centurion was provided by Michelin starred chefs the Galvin brothers so I assume a lot of the price goes on fine dining.

Personally I wouldn't spend that much but everyone has their preference.

Galvins is not at Centurion any more - the food does seem high end/ expensive but under their own chef's now

https://centurionclub.co.uk/a/19/restaurant-st-albans-calvin-hill-head-chef-centurion-club

Newtonuti

Visit site
If I wanted a fine dining experience I’d go out with my wife. On a golf day I’m looking for something simple

I'm the same, a half decent meal if on a golf weekend away is appreciated, but other then that a half decent burger and chips or pie will do nicely. Now, what's more important for a clubhouse is choice of beers!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I don't think you can get a green fee at the Centurion, you can only play as a members guest. The £285 is the fee to the charity, pretty similar to what we paid for the JCB charity day last year presumably part of the monies are going to the charity. If I hadn't played it, I might have been tempted, given the exclusivity, but having played it before, I don't think it's on a par with the likes of the JCB. Like I said above, I don't think it's worth that much money unless you are supporter of the particular charity.