Celebs who’ve passed

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Peter Oosterhuis has sadly gone. 20 titles, played in 6 Ryder cups, won the Vardon Trophy 4 times, and won the European Tour's Order of Merit in each of its first three years. And D&SH's finest golfer. And a good egg all round. RIP .
(Ps. Oops - Homer beat me to it).
My age and era, met him a few times, nice guy.
Only a couple of shots away from a few Majors.
Great Ryder Cup record.
Walker Cupper whilst still at secondary school, I used that fact a couple of times to persuade committees to allow junior golfers to play in their club championships.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Actor Bernard Hill Yosser Hughes in boys from the blackstuff and many other things has passed away aged 79
I only recently watched Boys from the Blackstuff on iPlayer. Great series if you have never seen it and are old enough to remember what life was like back in those days of Maggie and unemployment in Liverpool.

Grizzly

Visit site
Steve Albini. My wife's response was "who"? but to anyone steeped in alternative rock, close to a deity. Also a surprisingly lovely bloke.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Richard Sherman. The name might not mean anything but along with his brother he wrote some of the finest songs in Disney film history. He wrote songs for Mary Poppins, Chitty, Jungle Book amongst many others. An amazing catalogue.

Swango1980

Visit site
Grayson Murray. I know it had been mentioned elsewhere as he is a golfer. But shocking news.

Some very moving tributes after, especially from one of the golfers who played with him in 1st 2 rounds. He just couldn't hold back the tears

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Grayson Murray. I know it had been mentioned elsewhere as he is a golfer. But shocking news.

Some very moving tributes after, especially from one of the golfers who played with him in 1st 2 rounds. He just couldn't hold back the tears

So sad when it's so unexpected and a young athlete. Just seen the interview - hats off to the guy for going through with it. Interviewer also wiping away the tears. So sad.