Celebs who’ve passed

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I remember seeing Martin toe poke a penalty from pretty much the halfway line at Lansdowne Road in 1976. Mervyn Davies captained the side, which included JPR, Phil Bennett, Gareth Edwards And Gerald Davies who scored two tries that day. Officially, the crowd was 70,000. What a racket, and when the Welsh fans started singing - wow! JPR caught a ball deep in the Welsh half, and a roar started building. The run made a huge amount of ground before he was stopped, but the noise! I must admit JPR was one of my sporting heroes.
Would have loved to have gone to the National Stadium back in the days when every pit village and town would have at least a couple of Methodist churches, and many men and boys would be in their church choirs singing the great Wesleyian hymns…hymns that stir the blood and lift the soul - and along with the choir each pit would have singing the same - and when these same men and boys went to the rugby - hymns and arias were indeed sung.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Not really a celeb but a Chelsea player from the late 60s/early 70s, Tommy Baldwin.
According to Wikipedia:
'It was thought that Baldwin was known as 'the sponge' for his ability, under pressure, to hold the ball and shield it skilfully from opponents while seeking an opening to set up an attack, but according to his interview on The Chelsea Special podcast, it was because of his ability to soak up alcohol while in the pub with his teammates.'

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Carl Weathers, some truly great roles from Rocky to Predator to The Mandolorian
How can we be on a golf forum and not mention his role in Happy Gilmore?

The Jonnie Irwin passing is much sadder. Too young, a family left behind, a really nice guy according to all who worked with him. Too early.