CDH updates?

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Old skool procedure with hard copy and manual updates was that the player was ultimately (or so I thought) responsible for getting away scores back to their home club. I thought that CDH would take care of all that and updates would be automatic????

What is the procedure now? Is the player still (if they ever were) ultimately responsible??

I have 2 away scores that impact my playing h'cap that are still not showing against my record. Anybody know what you are required to do in these circumstances?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I still have to record any away scores on the computer before playing in any comps at my course.

Yes it's still your responsibility, some clubs are efficient but if they are using different systems they will never 'talk' to each other so inform your club. If they require proof the away club can issue a copy scorecard signed by a committee member.

Personally if I have a decent away score I get a copy done and signed there and then by playing partners, if its a 0.1 addition I just follow the process already mentioned.

P.s no idea what cdh is so maybe different down souf!

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Old skool procedure with hard copy and manual updates was that the player was ultimately (or so I thought) responsible for getting away scores back to their home club. I thought that CDH would take care of all that and updates would be automatic????

What is the procedure now? Is the player still (if they ever were) ultimately responsible??

I have 2 away scores that impact my playing h'cap that are still not showing against my record. Anybody know what you are required to do in these circumstances?

CDH doesn't really come into this. How the system should work is that the handicapping software of the organisation running the qualifier transmits results information back to the Home Club's system which then uploads any changes to CDH after processing the information. If that doesn't happen or the information transfer is significantly delayed, it is still the player's responsibility to report the information to his Home Club.

D

Deleted member 17920

Sometimes its the club you played at not doing it properly. I have played in several opens this year and some have been done before I have got home and some I have had to chase up. I would get the secretary to e mail you the scores and the css etc and forward them to your handicap sec so they can manually input them for you. Its still amazing that clubs cant get this right. The majority seem to get it right.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks gents.

I've let my own club know and emailed them screen grabs from Masterscoreboard (both clubs use that software) showing both CSS & both e-cards.

If I was so inclined, or blissfully unaware, I could carry on playing off of an incorrect h'cap. :(

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are you still required to notify your club if you played in an away qualifier even if you buffered, or is it just up & down adjustments you need to make them aware of?

D

Deleted member 17920

Are you still required to notify your club if you played in an away qualifier even if you buffered, or is it just up & down adjustments you need to make them aware of?
Rick, I think you are supposed to let them know for all qualifiers.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
CDH doesn't really come into this. How the system should work is that the handicapping software of the organisation running the qualifier transmits results information back to the Home Club's system which then uploads any changes to CDH after processing the information. If that doesn't happen or the information transfer is significantly delayed, it is still the player's responsibility to report the information to his Home Club.

From what I understand - and it's old - this is/as the major benefit of CDH - but will really only come to fruition when all clubs are hooked up to it. Clubs report results to CDH and CDH does the notifying of away scores to Home club. This is how it happens in Ireland, wher I believe it was compulsory for clubs to be linked to the GUI system

I know Club2000 recognises fellow C2K clubs an sends a notification. There could well be a similar exercise in MasterScoreCard.

But the responsibility of informing the Home Club hasn't changed.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Yes. All scores - they could affect you Annual Review.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
From my experience it seems that many clubs especially owners clubs are not fully able to understand the CDH system and either are unaware of what is expected of them or have no idea of how the system works. There may even be a few who have no interest in it working. I spend hours, especially to senior and lady members explaining to them about ensuring they have their CDH No and how to get their cards from England Golf.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
i had the same with the EAGT played 36 at ganton and by the time i had got home i was 0.2 higher.

That's kind of what alerted me to an issue.

Away comp on Saturday, and my h'cap had been updated by Sunday morning when I looked for the result. The result of the change wasn't what I expected though, so I checked my h'cap trend and there are 2 away scores still missing from over 2 weeks prior.