Catching someone ‘cheating’ during a round

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunshine

Visit site
Im learning the hard way. Medals and Majors coming up within 2 weeks so I’m a lot more prepared now than I was a week ago in regards to the rules.

Fortunately for you, it's 5 weeks until the first major of the season (not 2 weeks), so you have a bit more time to brush up on the rules before your debut at Augusta. You will get good value for your 300 yard drives there - fairways quite generous, minimal rough and some of the holes are downhill so you get loads of roll.

Swango1980

Visit site
Fortunately for you, it's 5 weeks until the first major of the season (not 2 weeks), so you have a bit more time to brush up on the rules before your debut at Augusta. You will get good value for your 300 yard drives there - fairways quite generous, minimal rough and some of the holes are downhill so you get loads of roll.
Also, the greens are really tricky at Augusta, but if they enforce the rule "no need to hole out", he shouldn't have to worry :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Would I get away with playing the first ball I find after I hit my provisional?

I don’t mark my balls and never take note of what numbers they are.

Sorry I’m confused at what level of golfer you are ?

You ask multiple questions which make it seem you are very much new to the game , only just taken it up and learning the game

But then in other threads you are talking about out driving 4 HCs and hitting distances that tour players as a majority don’t hit

You say you have an official handicap and played in comps but yet didn’t think you had to hole the ball

It wasn’t long ago you were scoring 81 and getting eagles

?‍♂️

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Sorry I’m confused at what level of golfer you are ?

You ask multiple questions which make it seem you are very much new to the game , only just taken it up and learning the game

But then in other threads you are talking about out driving 4 HCs and hitting distances that tour players as a majority don’t hit

You say you have an official handicap and played in comps but yet didn’t think you had to hole the ball

It wasn’t long ago you were scoring 81 and getting eagles

?‍♂️

81 on a par 69 last summer (only time I’ve played it) - best score to date.

Coming up to my first year anniversary (31st March 2021) which was when they re-opened sports after lockdown.

First two comps at the weekend ticked off the list.

Handicap went down to 15.8 after my first comp coming 5th with 37 points. During yesterday’s I blobbed 3 holes, lost a dozen balls and ended up 104 gross (worst round for about 6 months).

And yes I was out driving a 4 HC guy during Saturdays stableford. Pretty much known now to members of the club as being a ‘big hitter’.

As I don't think you've mentioned format...were you scoring stableford points and couldn't score so just picked up?

No I just picked it up. Got firmly put in my place for it. And yes stableford. Holed in 8 on a par 3 (the ball would have dropped in if I had blown on it)

Swango1980

Visit site

Coming up to my first year anniversary (31st March 2021) which was when they re-opened sports after lockdown.

Handicap went down to 15.8 after my first comp coming 5th with 37 points. During yesterday’s I blobbed 3 holes, lost a dozen balls and ended up 104 gross (worst round for about 6 months).

And yes I was out driving a 4 HC guy during Saturdays stableford. Pretty much known now to members of the club as being a ‘big hitter’.

No I just picked it up. Got firmly put in my place for it. And yes stableford. Holed in 8 on a par 3 (the ball would have dropped in if I had blown on it)
How did you get a handicap in the first place? In the scores you submitted to your handicap record, were you taking gimmes?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

No I just picked it up. Got firmly put in my place for it.

You make me laugh tbf mate. But I think you're starting to annoy people. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Just a guess though....

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
@Bamberdele21 you seem to have become the new forum Timgolfy, a poster from several years back who was also a long hitter.
For some reason, many long standing forummers get upset if someone new comes along and stirs the order a bit.
Timgolfy was hounded and mocked until he sadly left the forum, which was a pity as he seemed a genuinely good bloke.

I know you've posted some controversial, actually no, not even controversial, just unusual stuff and have replied in kind to a few non-believing responses but I don't know why you're getting the stick you are.

I think you've probably realised a lot of this already but there you go.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
@Bamberdele21 you seem to have become the new forum Timgolfy, a poster from several years back who was also a long hitter.
For some reason, many long standing forummers get upset if someone new comes along and stirs the order a bit.
Timgolfy was hounded and mocked until he sadly left the forum, which was a pity as he seemed a genuinely good bloke.

I know you've posted some controversial, actually no, not even controversial, just unusual stuff and have replied in kind to a few non-believing responses but I don't know why you're getting the stick you are.

I think you've probably realised a lot of this already but there you go.

I’ve read between the lines and find it flattering the way some have reacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.