Catching someone ‘cheating’ during a round

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

I can’t be certain the 10 cards I gave in contained no gimmes. All social rounds with friends

So your recent competition a couple of weeks back was your first round where you actually put the ball in the hole as opposed to just picking the ball up when close ?‍♂️

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
No I just picked it up. Got firmly put in my place for it. And yes stableford. Holed in 8 on a par 3 (the ball would have dropped in if I had blown on it)

So stableford scoring and on a par 3 you had played 7 and you were pulled up for not holing out for an 8?

Well if that was indeed the case then your playing companions were wrong and you are due an apology. Let us know how you get on.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Assume this was a joke, but it would be filed under 'catching someone cheating' as per your topic title. :LOL:

Happened yesterday. Got a lot of grief for it.

‘We’ve played with your kind before’ etc

All in good spirits

So stableford scoring and on a par 3 you had played 7 and you were pulled up for not holing out for an 8?

Well if that was indeed the case then your playing companions were wrong and you are due an apology. Let us know how you get on.

Didn’t think of that tbh.

I think they were just giving me the heads up. They knew I was booked on for the medals next week where they explained I wouldn’t have got away with it in that competition.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Well yeah.. You seem like you dont really get the rules mate :ROFLMAO:

My next aim once the rules are ironed out will be how to fill in a card properly.

Remembering that when I am marker to put in it in column D and not A, working out ‘course handicap’ and ‘players handicap’ and putting it in the correct box and finally how to work out stableford points ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm just picturing the audacity of you accusing a guy of tanking his score on the last two holes, while you've been playing the wrong ball and taking gimmes in competitions this whole time. :ROFLMAO:

phillarrow

Visit site
@Bamberdele21 you seem to have become the new forum Timgolfy, a poster from several years back who was also a long hitter.
For some reason, many long standing forummers get upset if someone new comes along and stirs the order a bit.
Timgolfy was hounded and mocked until he sadly left the forum, which was a pity as he seemed a genuinely good bloke.

I know you've posted some controversial, actually no, not even controversial, just unusual stuff and have replied in kind to a few non-believing responses but I don't know why you're getting the stick you are.

I think you've probably realised a lot of this already but there you go.

Sorry Crow but he's a troll. I tried to ignore the cynicism at first and take it at face value and offer advice, but he's a troll.

Just look at the posts on this thread...

He played a Stableford comp where he was told off for not holing out his 8th shot on a par 3?

He thinks his PP, who plays off4, deliberately ruined his card by double bogeying the last two holes, after being level par through 16, in a Stableford comp, which means he'd already have been sat on 36 points and facing a potential handicap cut so it would make no sense to do so at that stage in the round? Also, why would he know his PP's gross score after 16 holes in a Stableford comp?

He got an official handicap after 10 social rounds with friends?

On one of these threads, he says he scored very few points on holes 1-5, blobbed the next two, and then finished with over 20 points in a gross score of 104 playing off 19. That would have meant he was hitting 7 and 8 for some/most of the first 7 holes, and then parring or bogeying all of the last 11. Nonsense!

He's a troll. Don't feed the troll.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Sorry Crow but he's a troll. I tried to ignore the cynicism at first and take it at face value and offer advice, but he's a troll.

He played a Stableford comp where he was told off for not holing out his 8th shot on a par 3?

He thinks his PP, who plays off4, deliberately ruined his card by double bogeying the last two holes, after being level par through 16, in a Stableford comp, which means he'd already have been sat on 36 points and facing a potential handicap cut so it would make no sense to do so at that stage in the round? Also, why would he know his PP's gross score after 16 holes in a Stableford comp?

On one of these threads, he says he scored very few points on holes 1-5, blobbed the next two, and then finished with over 20 points in a gross score of 104 playing off 19. That would have meant he was hitting 7 and 8 for some/most of the first 7 holes, and then parring or bogeying all of the last 11. Nonsense!

because I was marking his card and it was quite clear what he was on as it was well known within all 4 of us of how good he was playing, just maybe?

Here’s my card for yesterday. Hope it helps ?

84DAD5AF-05CF-4259-8C12-E615ED87F258.jpeg

phillarrow

Visit site
because I was marking his card and it was quite clear what he was on as it was well known within all 4 of us of how good he was playing, just maybe?

Here’s my card for yesterday. Hope it helps ?

View attachment 41499

So when you said you scored very few points on the first five holes...you actually meant you were playing to your handicap?!

And you didn't pick up for 8 or 9 on a par 3, like you said you did?

You've either got a very loose relationship with facts, or you're full of crap!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site

I know who the forum trolls are but I don't think he's one, just an enthusiastic newcomer to the sport who is having a bit of fun with some of those questioning his honesty.

Swango1980

Visit site
So when you said you scored very few points on the first five holes...you actually meant you were playing to your handicap?!

In the post in which he posted the photo of the card, he said that round was from yesterday. Are you sure it represents the round he was talking about previously?

Bamberdele21

Visit site

no you’ve got it twisted.

When I say scored I meant my gross score. The first 5 holes are the easiest for me. I didn’t have a clue what my stableford points were until my PP’s told me at the end of the front 9 and back 9.

And I picked up on par 3 hole 16 on Saturday

I’ll leave these facts here just for you ?

B490258C-16AB-4993-9299-53A04397FF24.jpeg

And fyi my playing partner made a mistake in adding up somewhere. Computer doesn’t lie and gave me 37.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.