Casey/Phil - Why so far behind?

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site

I was watching some of this Sunday evening, I'm sure they were waiting much longer than 10 mins on the first to tee off. They went back to the clubhouse on at least two occasions, as the hail clean up took it's toll. On that note, did comment when watching one of the green keepers trying to push all the hail from the edge of the green into the centre, rather than from the centre out, seemed like a bad idea to me, especially as there were some big run off's at the edge that would have helped get rid sooner.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was watching some of this Sunday evening, I'm sure they were waiting much longer than 10 mins on the first to tee off. They went back to the clubhouse on at least two occasions, as the hail clean up took it's toll. On that note, did comment when watching one of the green keepers trying to push all the hail from the edge of the green into the centre, rather than from the centre out, seemed like a bad idea to me, especially as there were some big run off's at the edge that would have helped get rid sooner.

They were reported as having to wait for than half an hour on the first tee because of all the other players still playing it when the round was restarted.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Seen Phils interview after and whilst I'm no fan of his, he did graciously thank Paul Casey for seeing the bigger picture in wanting to come back the following day. He also mentioned having won on the course that it will be of no actual help come the US Open because of the rough and the greens. Still, it's a nice side-bar that the tournament he needs to complete the 'Slam is one that he has won on already this season.