Captains drive in !

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Greatt photo and hope his year goes well.

We have a bit of tradition at our club the captains have to drive in using a hickory shafted driver and we have a sweep about how far they will hit the ball.

D

Deleted member 21258

Hope he enjoys his year and best of luck to him

Lwatson-jones

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does the OP#s club have a thriving junior membership and is he going to help drive that forward. Great photo and hope he has a great year

Yes, the Juniors play in a local league, of which I am the Chairman. I am not directly involved with the junior players, but they do 'Golf Access' I think it is?

We have regularly 20 young players learning on the regular coaching sessions, and a number of lower handicap player.

Austin is already in talks with the Club Captain and will be involved in both junior and integrated events. He is very excited and has a lot of enthusiasm going forward this year.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Greatt photo and hope his year goes well.

We have a bit of tradition at our club the captains have to drive in using a hickory shafted driver and we have a sweep about how far they will hit the ball.

We get players to write their name on a white plastic plant identification stick and stick it in the course where they think the ball is going to end up. Always generates a laugh with sticks being placed at 90 degrees to the tee box or just short of the ladies tee....or even one year we had a couple placed on the 18th fairway which runs parallel to the first!!!