Cant wait to play the Belfry

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Went to the masters on saturday, my first pro tourny.

Really enjoyed it and got to speak to Darren Clarke and Graeme Storm (he asked me the footy scores).

I'm playing there in Feb, and after seeing the course properly I can't wait... every hole is challenging and looks fantastic.

Can I expect the course to be in the same excellent condition? will the rough round the greens be trimmed down a bit?

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Expect a lot of work perhaps around the course. :-(

I played the Brabazon last November, and whilst it was in great condition, I was a little dissapointed for some reason.
It just didnt feel that 'special', and there was afew holes that had some serious work going on around the place, greens being dug up and redone etc.

Maybe it was me :-(

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
chris were the greens as quick as they were this weekend? the pro's were literally just tapping the ball on its way and it seemed to roll forever!

I prefer slower greens myself and know i would struggle if they are that quick. As i'm playing in feb i'd imagine they will be slower and perhaps not cut as short.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Havebeen to the Masters a few times over the past few years I think the Brabazon is a great looking course, not played it yet, though I have played the PGA course though will leave it a few weeks before booking the PGA again as the tented village as usual was seated right over the 1st & 18th Fairways, will take a while to recover.

There is a special deal on the Brabazon at the mo. Infact several good deals.

DoctorTom

Visit site
Played the Belfry last May.

Other than the 11th, which was being altered for the Quin, the course was fabulous.

Little touches like every sprinkler having yardages to the front of the green and the card having how far the pin is from the front were great for working out club choice.

Not cheap but will definitely go back.

DrT

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I believe there is some MAJOR rework scheduled to start at The Belfy much off-course (hotel going or being rebuilt, huge underground car park etc), but also some around the tracks, including a new course (?).

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
minty: I dont recall them being super quick to be honest, and in Feb I doubt they will be. They wont cut them that short at that time of the year.

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
played there this time last year and it was an amazing experience,have got some great memories especially at the weekend watching the golf on tv

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I could manage a forum meet there and I think Viscount might be up for it as we could travel up together!

Vig, try and get it sorted.....

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am jelous, Im still trying to wangle a round there for my birthday lol.
Im sure I will get there sometime but hopefully make it a great day when I do, Id hate to be disappointed at those prices!

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
From 1st Nov we can play the Brabazon for £60 with a course planner, range balls, drink and bacon roll(birdie package). For £75 we would also get a two course lunch (eagle package).
PGA national £35 (birdie) & £50 (eagle).
Derby £25 (birdie) & £40 (eagle).
I personally don't think these are bad prices for a complex of this reputation.
What do we think guys and Gals?