Can you really call yourself a low handicapper.....

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ours back in June was probably the worst conditions I can remember staying out in, absolutely miserable. Only reason I finished out the 36 is I was marking for someone who was going decent in the second round. I think there were a few lads from your direction changed their mind in the carpark that morning and went home without even teeing it up...hindsight says I should have done the same!

Was that strabane? I know a few turned and went home at that one. Brutal day.

garyo

Medal Winner
Visit site
Was that strabane? I know a few turned and went home at that one. Brutal day.
That's the one aye, was really looking forward to it too and was playing decent at the time, but the weather just wiped any possible enjoyment out of it. The flooding the other week crippled us too.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's the one aye, was really looking forward to it too and was playing decent at the time, but the weather just wiped any possible enjoyment out of it. The flooding the other week crippled us too.

I had been planning to give that one a go. Luckily for me I had to work that weekend. It was still interesting to see what kind of scores came in. I'm told that is enda's 11th strabane scratch cup win. Unbelievable record.

garyo

Medal Winner
Visit site
I had been planning to give that one a go. Luckily for me I had to work that weekend. It was still interesting to see what kind of scores came in. I'm told that is enda's 11th strabane scratch cup win. Unbelievable record.

Unbelievable indeed, especially in his 'circumstances', 11th at home and 18th in total I think. The fact it went to a 3-hole 3-way play-off just added to it.

Drifting back towards the topic, I play a good bit with two of the guys who made that play-off. One has been dicking about between 2-3 for a year or two (having been scratch a few years back), but even at that, still made the game look relatively easy. I think missing out on yet another Scratch Cup though (when he probably 'should' have a couple under his belt by now) was a bit of a kick up the hole for him as he's really stepped up this past couple of months, consistently shooting under par both home and away and dropping two full strokes down to 0.7. I'd say the mental wake up call from another missed opportunity was more important to him than any major physical changes to his game/swing.