Can you have a custom fit on older models?

philly169

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm in the market for a TaylorMade R15 Driver as they are now down in price to around the £179 mark with the introduction of the M1 & M2.

I'd like to have a custom fit to find the right shaft instead of buying off the shelf. Can you still get custom fit for older models or are you at the mercy of whats in the shop or taking a punt on eBay?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bought the R15 head separately, and put it onto the shaft I had in my RBZ (which was custom fitted for me).

I think it's generally difficult to get custom fitted (other than within the range of stock shafts) at most regular retailers / pros. But if you went to a club builder type place, they would be able to sort out a custom shaft.

I doubt you'd get it all in for £179 though! Prob quite a bit more once you've bought the head, custom shaft and paid for the club builders time.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
reading this brings me to a different question.. the OP said he wants to get himself the R15 and have it custom fitted.. to which others have pointed out that whilst it will cost £179 to get the club the fitting will cost a lot aswell

brings me onto my question.. if the OP got himself an M1 and paid to have it fitted to his game would that work out cheaper considering the flexibility and adjustability of the club?