callaway diablo drivers

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The regular version was ok when I tried it but the draw version is just wrong.Its so closed its not funny and behind the ball looks like it'll go off at a 45 degree angle. I am not a fan of the clubhead design either as it looks like a pieice has been chopped of the back of the clubhead.

The diablo performs alright as you'd expect from a Cally club but in my mind there are a lot of better drivers out there

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
HJS...appreciate your comment,but have to say that a mate of mine has one and he just blasts it,either dead straight or with a slight draw!
O.k.,don't know how it's set up but by god can he hit it!!

(Hate him!!!)

Jimbo :eek: :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I do think the regular version is quite a powerful weapon and the guy at my club who has one is definitely longer with his. I hit it pretty well when I tried it at a Cally demo day but a bit like the Yonex it was a bit too high for me. Maybe with a different shaft I could have got it working well but to be honest I'm not sold on the look.

The draw version is one of the most closed clubs I've seen. It really is off putting and maybe it was in the mind but I hit some huge hooks. I swear some were circling back and going to hit me from behind. Definitely not one for me. I have a Cleveland Hi Bore XLS in a draw bias and it is nowhere near as shut

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I know I'm wrong and would no doubt see for myself if I tried one, but at the moment I can't imagine how a club looks closed at address.
If I was stood there and it looked closed I'd turn the grip until it looked square :D

It's not like the sole of a driver sits flat on the ground anyway is it? What am I missing?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
As an ex-Callaway fan, I just don't get it.

I'm sure it's good though, give one a try and see.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
any body out there using one if so are they any good

Depends how you hit it :)
It's probably more forgiving than a lot of older clubs that are out there and they are constantly working on anti-slice which is the shot of most higher handicappers. A little birdie (from Callaway) told me that there are clubs for those with money, clubs for those with some money and clubs for those with very little money - the diablo range is supposed to be middle market. If you can afford it I'd rather go with FTiQ or FT9. When I hit the diablo I thought it sounded a bit too tinny and that's confidence shattering also because my natural shot is a draw I found I could get it to hook a bit tooooooo easily :D

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I've tried it, because my mate got the Tour model, Voodooooo shaft and all that, and I sold it for him on E-Bay. Waste of money, he did get a free putter with it mind you. He's a one HC golfer and can spank a ball for sure, but not for him nor me.

bignev

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ive got one it might be ugly but I love mine, hit it miles and find most fairways so its staying with me for a good while.