Shallowing the club

Brownie22297

Visit site
Hello mates.

I’ve been working very hard on trying to shallow the club now for the last decade it seems like.Had a few good instructors try.But after the feels and tips they gave me the move would vanish immediately.I’ve tried body rotation and using the weight of the club.All the way to physically using forearm rotation.All with the help of a watchful eye instructor.Seems like no matter what they say it never seems to stick :(.Beyond discouraging.When im playing or practicing golf it really feels like I’m doing it.But the camera will show my steep approach almost every time.I’ve worked my tail off but I’m getting to the point where I give up on the idea.I can manipulate the club or body as the instructors taught me briefly.But when I’m trying to play for score I can’t do it.This maybe the thing that separates the haves and have nots of good golfers.

Who else gave up on this idea and just played what game they had?

And long time follower.Thought I would sign up

Brownie22297

Visit site
Kinda been working on this shallow move again.When I turn a wheel 🛞 counter clockwise on the backswing. And turn my forearms clockwise on the backswing . That tends to kinda drop me lower than i normally have been full motion

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The problem with ALL these drills is it takes 100% concentration to get it right.

But....what if some other problem sneaks in in the future...say for example you start swaying, or dipping, or early extension etc
You start concentrating on the new problem and what happens to the swing path? the steep swing appears again and your OOB left.

Brownie22297

Visit site
The problem with ALL these drills is it takes 100% concentration to get it right.

But....what if some other problem sneaks in in the future...say for example you start swaying, or dipping, or early extension etc
You start concentrating on the new problem and what happens to the swing path? the steep swing appears again and your OOB left.
Agree.Its like a carnival side show of acrobatics and balancing at the same time.If it doesn’t happen somewhat naturally during a real round of golf.Where you play off of many types of different lie angles.Than it’s almost for not.The range is perfectly flat.Ive always thought it has to do with strength as well.Im gym strong and work a construction job.So for me,the club always felt like a feather.Maybe why I’m steep as I can never feel the mass of the club.Where shallow golfers can feel the mass of the club behind them.So being physically strong is not the best thing in golf.Flexibility when you have a big chest and arms is hard as well.I think the teachers just need to admit that some physiques will never be shallow swinging golfers.A vertical shaft in transition needs to be taught as well.But it seems to be frowned on

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree.Its like a carnival side show of acrobatics and balancing at the same time.If it doesn’t happen somewhat naturally during a real round of golf.Where you play off of many types of different lie angles.Than it’s almost for not.The range is perfectly flat.Ive always thought it has to do with strength as well.Im gym strong and work a construction job.So for me,the club always felt like a feather.Maybe why I’m steep as I can never feel the mass of the club.Where shallow golfers can feel the mass of the club behind them.So being physically strong is not the best thing in golf.Flexibility when you have a big chest and arms is hard as well.I think the teachers just need to admit that some physiques will never be shallow swinging golfers.A vertical shaft in transition needs to be taught as well.But it seems to be frowned on
My mates a flagger he’s like a brick outhouse.
He massively overpowers the club.

I tried to get him to feel the head by swinging three irons together.
The extra irons slow you down a bit and you can feel what’s going on.
Give it a try.

Brownie22297

Visit site

Give it a try.
Is he a strong upper body build as well? I really think that is the key why some of us can’t do it

Brownie22297

Visit site

Give it a try.

Yes he’s as wide as he is tall.
Makes sense.Ive noticed the strong long drive hitters are steeper than most as well.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks Gary.. I can’t do all the slow motion micro moves that I was showed during lessons that bleed into my full swing . It has to be a full motion change. If not, I get all off track. If that makes sense

Your one of the lucky ones. Most people can do it slow. Once the speed comes in it goes back to what's comfortable.

Have you got videos of your old swing. I was looking there but couldn't see it. Love looking at the changes.

Brownie22297

Visit site
Your one of the lucky ones. Most people can do it slow. Once the speed comes in it goes back to what's comfortable.

Have you got videos of your old swing. I was looking there but couldn't see it. Love looking at the changes.

it’s still new to me Gary. But seems like speed was the same both ways. Won’t know until I give it a few rounds if it is feasible. Or just go back to my old ways