Hooding the golf club

turkish

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just wondering do people ever hood the golf club on full shot... particularly irons and what do you find happens?

I’m not great when between yardages... have messed about with gripping down and go up a club but today on a couple of shots today went to the lower club and hooded it and hit it hard. Expected it to come out a bit left but it didn’t so was wondering if this is a technique people would normally use?

just not sure if I fluked the couple of shots(they both worked out very well) and it matches my wonkey swing or if it’s a new thing to start using

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
This happened to me when I got back into golf after injury. I went for a lesson at the club and Stewart point out that the face was still closed on my backswing. When the shaft is horizontal, the toe of the club should be pointing straight up. Mine was still partly closed. Working on this helped to solve the problem for me.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
so bob would you endorse hooding the
Club slightly for more distance out of a club or is that just plain daft

No, I'd suggest you hit more club, especially if you have an out to in swing path.

However, if you want the clubface square going back, the clubhead should be at the same angle as your body when parallel with the ground

Untitledhhh.jpg