Callaway custom fitting.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Has anyone gone through an official Callaway custom fitting centre for clubs ? I'm due to go there soon to be fitted for irons and interested to know what the process is likely to be, hour and a half fitting which seems quite extensive.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
well you're spending the money so expect to get your moneys worth! I haven't gone through the callaway fitting but they are one i'm considering when i get myself some new clubs next year. Do share your experience at the least.

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
I've been to the putter fitting in Chessington (they also do irons). It is seriously good, with loads of options and never in a rush.

My advice would be to relax and enjoy the experience, and also to enjoy watching that HC drop off a cliff next season!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've been to the Regional centre at Whittlebury Park.
Quite extensive use of launch monitors, video and data.
Knowledgeable fitters...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
couple of guys i know have been to the one at St Andrews and both thought it was well worth the money. Both from different spectrum's of what and when they buy. one hadn't changed his clubs in 20 year but is off +1 anyway and the other changes his clubs more than you would believe off scratch.

hines57

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
went through a custom fitting when one of the Callaway team came to the club. Excellent session: looking at the numbers from the current clubs and then trying a number of combinations of head and shaft to get the best results. Then fine tuning with lie and grip to dial right in. Also looked at Hybrids and Fairways to give guidance on gapping at the top end. great experience.

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's St Andrews I'm going to.

Was at St Andrews in 2014 for my Apex Pro irons. Really good experience and Martin the fitter was great. His knowledge was sound as was his manner and ability to explain numbers and points from trackman. Will be going soon for the new X Forged.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone gone through an official Callaway custom fitting centre for clubs ? I'm due to go there soon to be fitted for irons and interested to know what the process is likely to be, hour and a half fitting which seems quite extensive.

Why don't you just ring them and ask what's involved. Seem pointless spending your money and you don't know what you are going to get

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Needs and wants are two different things 👍

Ain't that the truth.

If it's free no harm in checking it out, Callaway gear is pretty expensive but then there are options above and below their price points that I'm sure are just as good (and some would say better). Thing is you'd see the difference in modern gear to your old stuff, I'd be surprised if you weren't sold.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
The fitting is £65 if you book yourself and they are free to discuss any brand, my session was booked through my pro as he's a Callaway retailer and he booked it through Callaway themselves not through St Andrews.

I know exactly what I'm after but if I'm buying new I want them custom fitted.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I did a fitting at Callway Leatherhead centre. It was very professional and I can't speak any bad about them, no pressure to buy either. I didn't buy any in the end as the fitter decided that I wasn't going to get any better results than the older set of Callaways I had already.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I went to St Andrews booked through my pro. It was free and the fitting I got was excellent.

They are not Callaway employees so they give you honest advice without the hard sell.