Callaway custom fitting.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I went to St Andrews booked through my pro. It was free and the fitting I got was excellent.

They are not Callaway employees so they give you honest advice without the hard sell.

But they can only discuss Callaway clubs at a Callaway specific fitting.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Here's a link to when I went to St. Andrews for my fitting last year.
Callaway fitting

That's brilliant, I'm fair looking forward to it now.

I also hate hitting off a mat cause I'm so used to striking down and through so mats to me are rubbish, although I'm not quite up to consistent hitting yet (it's taken longer than I thought/hoped) but I'm getting there.

I've pretty much already agreed a price with my pro (shafts depending I guess) and I've got all winter to get used to them or look for excuses. :whistle:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 of my mates were there 2 weeks ago one of 2 the other of 6 the one of 6 got fitted for the full works they tried to fit him in the Steelhead XR he had to tell them he wanted the Apex in the end he just went for the irons as the Epic driver was only 3 yards further than his G30. My other mate they tried to fit him the XR pro's he was only there for a 3 wood he wasn't that happy that they fitted him with a shaft that had an upgrade on it he still hasn't sorted it out yet.

Last edited:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
2 of my mates were there 2 weeks ago one of 2 the other of 6 the one of 6 got fitted for the full works they tried to fit him in the Steelhead XR he had to tell them he wanted the Apex in the end he just went for the irons as the Epic driver was only 3 yards further than his G30. My other mate they tried to fit him the XR pro's he was only there for a 3 wood he wasn't that happy that they fitted him with a shaft that had an upgrade on it he still hasn't sorted it out yet.
They may have decided that the Steelhead XR was better for his game than the Apex. I tried a few heads but the XR suited me best. I went to mine with no preconceptions.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
They may have decided that the Steelhead XR was better for his game than the Apex. I tried a few heads but the XR suited me best. I went to mine with no preconceptions.

My mate whose of 2 they tried to fit him in XR Pro no offering of Apex, they both felt they were trying to punt the Steelheads more than the rest, both these guys don't struggle for length or height on there shots apart from that they did enjoy there time there and said it was worthwhile.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Have you thought of hanging on a couple of months Cabby?

The new Rouge Driver, fairways and irons launch in Fen 18 don't they?

Their new irons are xforged and mb's if I recall correctly. I;m not interested in the MB's and the xforged are priced just over a grand....a grand for 7 irons...I am not paying over a thousand pounds for golf clubs that only consist of 7 irons, so no, I have considered it and dismissed it.

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Their new irons are xforged and mb's if I recall correctly. I;m not interested in the MB's and the xforged are priced just over a grand....a grand for 7 irons...I am not paying over a thousand pounds for golf clubs that only consist of 7 irons, so no, I have considered it and dismissed it.

I was told rogues would would be a fair bit cheaper than Epic - but not seen any prices yet.

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I'm not going to be fitted for a driver.

I'm there on Monday at 4PM so I will write a review on how it all went.