buying a car

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone out there has any good things to say about a Suzuki SX4 1.6 DDIS, I'm looking at the newish model that has the Peugeot engine.

I (and took Bob out for a treat ;)) had a test drive in one today, had been looking at the diesel Swift, but my clubs were a better fit in the SX.

Liked it very much and the price looks good, would like to hear about any service or reliability issues, or anything really. Maybe you have a cracking one for sale :)

Anyway, your thoughts will be appreciated.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Suzuki have a cracking reputation for general reliability.
Cars like the swift etc. have been around for ages and tend to do well long term.
I do know that the 1.6 (?) Peugeot diesel is economical, which is true of most small Peugeot diesels, but I wouldn't buy an old one, which is irrelevant if you are buying new or nearly new.
The interior on Suzukis is not long lasting (from what I've seen) and the Swift tended to look tired quite early on.
Things have probably moved on since my mad obsession with Asian cars.....I can't see you going to far wrong.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Great cars, no doubt and the engine is excellent.

The concern is the residual value because as a rule, suzuki's do tend to devalue very sharply and a 3y/o model will trade around £5500.

Still, they are a very good car and I wont knock them.