Busy Courses

robbeh32

Visit site
Anyone else's course ridiculously busy right now. I'm a member of a course in Norwich and struggling to get out to play before 12 because its always fully booked. Close to cancelling membership as can only get in comps and can't play casual rounds.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Anyone else's course ridiculously busy right now. I'm a member of a course in Norwich and struggling to get out to play before 12 because its always fully booked. Close to cancelling membership as can only get in comps and can't play casual rounds.

Full with members or visitors?

I guess the downside of winter is everyone wants to play earlier to get 18 holes in.

robbeh32

Visit site
Currently have a 10 day booking system and its like always booked I'm guessing its mainly members until 11 then anyone after that just seems ridiculous that I have to ring at 8am to get a booking for 10 days time.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Been rammed since May. Waiting list for new members for the first time I can remember and booking tee times virtually impossible, especially during the Christmas fortnight.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The course was busy again today, we had two fourball visitors in front of us today. We made them welcome like you do. I can assure you after waiting on every bloody tee for them was purgatory. One of the lads had a beautiful warm up swing. He then proceeds to knob it 50 yds up the fairway and held his finished pose for a good 10 seconds. It looked very Rory esc. Another flippin slow play round. On one hole our par four 16th, we waited for them to clear the green, we played our approach shots from 200 yds plus, chipped onto the green. Putted out and they had not finished teeing off from the next par 3.
Merry flippin Xmas.
Yup it’s busy.

Mandofred

Visit site
We aren't tooooooo crowded yet.....but I'm still thinking I might be calling it quits come April. No roll-ups is a killer for me.....have I said that before???:mad::eek::poop:

If things were as crowded as some on here are saying.....that would do me in as well. Golf is nice.....but selling your soul to play (ok, slight exag) I'm not willing to do. I hear the lawn bowls are wanting people :p:p:p

Bassfisher

Visit site
Interesting, we’re looking to join a local club, we haven’t decided which one just yet, some are much busier than others and one in particular is exactly like yours, booked solid! I guess that means is a good club but I definitely want to be playing at short notice!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Interesting, we’re looking to join a local club, we haven’t decided which one just yet, some are much busier than others and one in particular is exactly like yours, booked solid! I guess that means is a good club but I definitely want to be playing at short notice!

Wait I'd say, when cricket, football, tennis, squash, bowls etc etc is back on and when nomads can pitch up and play and 4 balls are ok, courses will get less busy I reckon

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Par 3 course has had its best year for a while despite the ups and downs. I have noticed it being much busier than previous years too.

If this keeps up it will need a tee booking system !

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
All these people who are furloughed out playing golf when they are being paid to be at home. If you are getting money for not working then you should let those who aren't have priority.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All these people who are furloughed out playing golf when they are being paid to be at home. If you are getting money for not working then you should let those who aren't have priority.

I bet they would take Job security than being furlough and on the course

Maybe the one thing they can do to distract themsleve from possible redundancy coming up.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
They aren't being paid to be at home.

Theyre being paid so their company doesn't go bust. They have as much right to play as anyone.

At prince's they floated the idea that members could only book one weekend round a week in advance so thise working were going to miss out. It turns out that other than this week where 4 balls have become 2 balls, here was no need.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
What are the busy courses doing about roll-ups and sweeps? Do they still allow them to take up tee times or have they stopped them?
Just wondering how they've handled sweeps getting guaranteed tee times when non sweepers need to do fastest finger first for the limited slots.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Pyrford is going to 9 holes only from January 1st onwards to give everyone a chance of a game in two-balls. Naturally a lot of members are furious about it but there are a lot of members. Some just think they are more equal than others. Glad I'm out of it now.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We’ve stopped accepting new 7-day members for the time being as the tee times at the weekends are going as soon as they go live.