Busy Courses

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How else does it work because the club shop isn't even open to speak to anyone and theres nobody to get in touch with other than hotel reception!

Depends what you signed up for when you took membership.

Did you sign up for monthly membership or did you sign up for annual membership paid monthly?

World of difference between the two and whether you are liable for the rest of the year subs

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Not sure it quite works like that!

You’re right, it doesn’t.

I had similar with my gym membership at the beginning of the first lockdown. The gym owners said they would refund every full month during which they were closed when they eventually reopened. I was less than happy with that given the open ended nature of it so cancelled my direct debit, which was payable to a credit management company, not the gym itself.

I promptly received a snotogram from the credit management company threatening me with all sorts. I managed to resolve it by cancelling my gym membership but not before a couple more unsavoury letters from the management company.

The way to deal with such issues is very clearly to cancel your membership with the club and let them, in turn, cancel the credit agreement. Having entered into a legally binding agreement you can’t exit it simply by cancelling a direct debit, which must be regarded as a loan repayment rather than a monthly subscription fee, as you are not paying the club direct.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
How is it the clubs fault it's winter with much shorter daylight hours and a pandemic that has resulted in Government made restrictions of movement?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Normally the monthly payments are just a way of paying the yearly membership contract that you entered into.
I entered a annual contract and stopped my direct debit after 3 months. They took me to court. However, it was thrown out before it go to a magistrate as I showed 3 months of evidence of not being able to get a tee time. The system went live at midnight and all times taken by 12.01.
This was a few years ago not covid related

evemccc

Visit site
it didn't take long for ours to go back to being a joke.

was on yesterday at 6PM on the dot to book a time for next Sat, after the refresh on the dot, locked up and opened at 6.03 by that time every booking talen from 8.52 to 1pm so no time as you wont get round light for a full 18 if its slow

same again tonight on the dot and got 12.20

Why is that, what’s going on?

Reactions: Zig

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Guess I have been fortunate, although there was some forethought. I joined at the end of lockdown 1. To a hotel/resort course so comes with the perceived negatives of that - some of which have become mostly irrelevant in these covid times.
Book my weekend tee times online. Have always booked a time, vast majority at the time I was after (typically between 9 & 9:30). Often only booking a few days ahead (so able to check the weather). Always been 18 holes, never been any 9 hole only restrictions. ?