Bunkers - New Rule 12

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Which is a different answer to what you gave in post #5 and I answered in post #10 (y)
I don't understand. In #5 I simply said I couldn't remember whether I had or hadn't seen a formal notice and you said you'd like to see it in writing.

It has been reported on a number of other sites but I can't be sure I have seen a definitive statement from the R&A/USGA

What is the issue?

D

Deleted member 16999

I don't understand. In #5 I simply said I couldn't remember whether I had or hadn't seen a formal notice and you said you'd like to see it in writing.

What is the issue?
Your last post #59 is quite clear and definitive, all I have requested is a definitive answer.

Post #5 was not definitive, you were unsure.

If you had posted the information, pre edit, that you posted in #59 I would of respectfully took your word and the thread may of stopped.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I
Your last post #59 is quite clear and definitive, all I have requested is a definitive answer.

Post #5 was not definitive, you were unsure.

If you had posted the information, pre edit, that you posted in #59 I would of respectfully took your word and the thread may of stopped.
Since my original post I still haven't seen a definitive statement from the RBs.
All I have done is look at the wording of the published information and drawn (IMO) a logical conclusion that such a statement is unnecessary.
But thank you for your confidence in my utterances :)

D

Deleted member 16999

It really is very easy to get a written reply for yourself -

Just use the 'contact us' form on the R&A website
Done that, and gone through the County.
I’ll make sure I keep a copy or at least the reference no;)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And have you actually had replies?

Yes

I have used the contact us forms on many occasions, particularly when we were rewriting our Local Rules several years ago.

If you use them regularly they expect you to be part of a club committee but for the occasional use they seem to be fine with answering queries

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Colin
I can't remember if you are on your comps committee but if not get on it only if an advisor.
You then write on behalf of a club.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tbh, these aren’t the normal replies you would expect in this part of the forum.
AGAIN, all people are asking for is actual written proof that the RB’s have changed the policy on allowing a local rule.
Clubs have had this rule in place for a long time and members of those clubs at times will of used the LR.
Charts have been produced showing all the changes to the rules and this is not shown.
If a member is penalised for carrying out the old LR it would be good if they can be shown were it has been changed rather than going on hearsay and speculation.
Ok, apologies ...

Can appreciate you'd like clarification that the old-style local rule on stones won't be allowable (and possibly on any associated rationale for it not being allowable). But I maintain my personal opinion on the actual level of risk occasioned by stones in bunkers but I apologise for the manner in which I presented it ...

D

Deleted member 16999

Ok, apologies ...

Can appreciate you'd like clarification that the old-style local rule on stones won't be allowable (and possibly on any associated rationale for it not being allowable). But I maintain my personal opinion on the actual level of risk occasioned by stones in bunkers but I apologise for the manner in which I presented it ...
There’s no need for apologies. (y)

I agree with your opinion on the risk with stones, just find it far less hassle to have a piece of paper in my hands when dealing with some people.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks. I see I did get a reply to the first one I sent some years ago. A couple of more recent ones have gone unanswered but that's all. I'm convenor of our rules committee and that and the club name are in my signature. But I was just being unduly grumpy in mentioning it above and it's no big deal as I can contact one of the rules team directly on the few occasions I have a query.

Last edited: