Bunkers - New Rule 12

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Without looking back at previous pages, what was it that you forgot? Did you in fact forget anything? Did you even say you had forgotten anything?

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Understand and appreciate that.
On the logical side, I still find it somewhat strange that a fully lined, prepared area, has all these stones in it! Note, I'm not denying they are there, find the odd one in ours from time to time...maybe more clubs should have stone evenings as well as divot evenings?
Just found this thread as the topic of removing stones from bunkers has cropped up locally.
The point about fully lined, prepared areas is pertinent and probably applicable to many courses but a lot of Downland courses have a chalky subsoil and stones in these bunkers are a common occurrence. It does seem harsh not to get relief from these potentially damaging objects.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just found this thread as the topic of removing stones from bunkers has cropped up locally.
The point about fully lined, prepared areas is pertinent and probably applicable to many courses but a lot of Downland courses have a chalky subsoil and stones in these bunkers are a common occurrence. It does seem harsh not to get relief from these potentially damaging objects.
Damaging to who or what? On such a course it is probable that there are stones that have risen to the general surface. They are no more or less unlikely to cause damage to people than stones in a bunker.
If you see a stone immediately in front of your ball, simply suggest to others that they move out of the way. If it is concealed you couldn't move it anyway.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Damaging to who or what? On such a course it is probable that there are stones that have risen to the general surface. They are no more or less unlikely to cause damage to people than stones in a bunker.
If you see a stone immediately in front of your ball, simply suggest to others that they move out of the way. If it is concealed you couldn't move it anyway.
Damage to whichever wedge I chose to play out of said bunker.
I appreciate that these stones could be found in the general area and in these circumstances I may have more options in how to play the ball, e.g hitting it cleanly with a flatter faced club (a fairway wood, hybrid or even putter) but generally speaking the only option in a bunker is to hit through the sand which contains the stone.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well one certainly took a chunk out of the leading edge of my new Vokey wedge :mad:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Did you see it before you played?

Seeing it is one thing, being able to move it without moving the ball another and not all stones in bunkers are loose.

Our bunkers are unlined and on many areas of the course the natural stone rises to the surface.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you saw it and believed it would move the sand there is a solution. Not seeing it is a different issue. Did you see it?