Budget Beginner Drivers

RandomReload

Visit site
Hey,

I’m looking to buy a driver that will be good for a beginner, I googled “beginner driver” and these three came up;-

• Callaway Mavrik Max Driver
  • TaylorMade Sim Max Driver
  • Cobra F-Max Driver 2019

I’ve had a look on the usual websites for these but when I saw I price I lolled... I’ve only got around £100 to spend and it’s pretty obvious that it’s not going to get me anything new (not even close), so I think it’s going to have to be something on the secondhand market, is anyone able to advise a few different models to look for on the likes of eBay and Facebook Marketplace?

Cheers,

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
As above you will be able to get a decent second hand Ping driver for your budget and they are very forgiving

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
You've had the stock answer above. There's not been much between manufacturers for years really, so to give you a couple more searches, Wilson Staff (the D range) & Benross

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are ping G25 drivers going on eBay for around a £100, just be aware that you consider choosing the right shaft for you. Also make sure the seller has a good history/feedback.

golfbluecustard

Head Pro
Visit site
Highly recommend the TM Burner which you should be able to pick up 2nd Hand

Suggest you put up a wanted poster in the For Sale Section and see what folks have got

GBC

Myblueheaven

Visit site
As a high handicapper myself and 7 months into my golf journey I will put my perspective across.
For me there is no better feeling on the course than hitting a long, high drive that doesn't land in trouble. Problem I find is for every 1 great drive follows a slice or hook, hole ruined and frustration sets in.
I have a ping G15 10.5 driver and a callaway XR16 10.5 adjustable driver.
The ping is worth £50 and the other 3 times as much. I played the other day and used the callaway once, I reverted back to the old ping.
I wouldn't spend alot on a driver, I would learn how to get around a course without getting into too much trouble using the clubs you favour most.
Have a driver in your bag but don't be tempted to get it out every time you come to tee off.
I can't tell you which driver is best because I'm not good enough to know yet.
I can tell you my old cheaper ping g15 is as good or better than my callaway xr16 to me.

Visit site
You have actually already found the truth... ?
There is generally not a "best" driver/set of irons/wedges/putter, it's much more important that you have what is best for you.

Sure, there are several top quality brands that have the market share, and sometimes there is an outstanding club that comes along, but don't be fooled by Internet chat, there's no magic wands out there.

Don't be rotten - Next you'll be denying the existence of Santa!!! o_O

RandomReload

Visit site
I’ve had a look at the Pings (they seem to hold their value well), it looks like on a good day I could possibly push to a G30 or G but it’s most likely going to be a G25/G20.

The G400 looks fantastic (love the design, possibly one of the best looking drivers I’d seen), but wtaf happened going from the 400 to the 410... its freaking hideous!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I’ve had a look at the Pings (they seem to hold their value well), it looks like on a good day I could possibly push to a G30 or G but it’s most likely going to be a G25/G20.

The G400 looks fantastic (love the design, possibly one of the best looking drivers I’d seen), but wtaf happened going from the 400 to the 410... its freaking hideous!

I used my Ping G25 until about 18 months ago when I got offered a Ping G model at a good price (and now a G410)