Bryson or Brooks: who would you rather go for a pint with?

Bryson or Brooks: who would you rather go for a pint with?

• Bryson

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Brooks

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters

evemccc

Visit site
Brooks comes across as a bit of a idiot.
Doesn’t call himself a golfer, but an ‘athlete’

Would not go for a pint with either, as they’d both be Bud Lite guys, and would probably call good cask-conditioned ale ‘warm’..

I like people who are slightly different, and even if we didn’t agree or get on too well on some things, Bryson has a bit about him. Brooks I think just wants to be cool

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
It doesn't have to be a pint, it could be a bottled beer or maybe a G&T or just a coffee and a slice of cake? Just looking to do something on who of the two of them floats your boat more for an online piece and why.

Please give reasons...

I think Brooks and I would cancel one another out, not reacting to each other, so would go for Bryson just for the possible entertainment value. And he'd probably be good at pool and quiz machines...
Bill Bryson. Much more interesting than pro golfers

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Either (weirdly that's not an option but 'neither' is :unsure:) they're both world class players in their sport (& Major winners) and it'd be cool to have a natter about golf with either one of them. No ones saying it has to lead to a long term friendship swapping xmas cards, it's just a drink (hopefully post round)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Either (weirdly that's not an option but 'neither' is :unsure:) they're both world class players in their sport (& Major winners) and it'd be cool to have a natter about golf with either one of them. No ones saying it has to lead to a long term friendship swapping xmas cards, it's just a drink (hopefully post round)
In fact the best answer might be going for a drink with both at once. Sit back and watch them nitpick at each other, would be great.

GuyInLyon

Visit site
There are so many other pro golfers that I'd rather have a drink with.
Rory McIlroy, Padraig Harrington, Bubba Watson, Jon Rahm, to name a few.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Brooks, as although he comes across as boring on the course, I reckon off it he's quite interesting. Bryson will either be completely contrived and just want to talk golf, or his conversation will be totally overt my head!

The Golfing Chap

Visit site
Manners maketh the man, and both gentlemen are somewhat unformed in that respect. Forced to make a choice, for neither strike me as a potential Bridge partner, my imbiber of choice would be Mr Koepka. He’s a little rough around the edges but has a certain artisan charm. Mr de Chambeau, on the other hand, is a self obsessed poppinjay and possesses what the Scots would call “poor patter”.