Who would you rather follow, DeChambeau or Spieth?

Who would you rather follow, DeChambeau or Spieth?

• DeChambeau

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Spieth

Votes: 30 49.2%

• Total voters

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
BDC - easy.

Why? Because he didn’t settle being great at golf, he’s doing everything he can to get better. Admirable

evemccc

Visit site
BDC - easy.

Why? Because he didn’t settle being great at golf, he’s doing everything he can to get better. Admirable

Same as Faldo, Tiger, Kaymer and Donald...remodelling swing / technique when at or near top of their game
Doesn’t always work, but admirable for trying, like you said

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Bryson. It’s a change in the way golf is being played. It might not always work but it’s exciting.

Speith plays the game like 90% of the pros out there. He just happens to be a more consistent putter.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would have to be Dechambeau, whilst I don't necessarily agree with the way he plays the game, he's only taking advantage of whats in front of him, it would be worth it just to see some of those drives in the flesh. And maybe help him look for the occasional ball:LOL:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spieth for me. I like how he plays, the talking to himself and his ball.

I couldn't handle the pace of BDC, the constant checking, re-checking, re-checking the re-check. He makes golf hard work to watch live.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bryson. Don’t like his game plan because I know I can never achieve anything like it. Simple envy! I like watching people do the things I can’t. It’s entertaining.

I followed Spieth in the Gleneagles Ryder Cup and 2 Opens. I’ve seen enough of him at his prime and wish I’d watched other groups, it got boring watching him sink putts and there wasn’t much else exciting in his game.

birdyhunter

Visit site
Bryson, simply because the way he hits the ball is pretty unique on tour. Speith is a great player and exciting when he's on form but Bryson edges it for me.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I followed Spieth in the Gleneagles Ryder Cup and 2 Opens. I’ve seen enough of him at his prime and wish I’d watched other groups, it got boring watching him sink putts and there wasn’t much else exciting in his game.
I'd kind of agree and will admit I wasn't a big Spieth fan when I saw him live - but the absence of crowds on the PGA tour has allowed us to hear the interaction between him and his caddy and I love the way he talks to his ball in the air, I've become a big fan of his on TV - it's a constant battle for him - you don't get that watching him live even from inside the ropes.

Bryson is as you say a different ball game - At the Open I was at in 2018 the only people who got the crowd making a lot of noise (shouting stuff etc.) were Tiger and Rory - will be interesting if there are crowds at Royal St George to see if he gets that sort of reaction, I think he might.

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
I followed Bryson in the Walker Cup at Lytham and found him mesmerising because of his one-length irons. But, for the whole jamboree, Spieth would be the first person I’d watch anywhere (after Robert Rock)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Speith...no matter how brave it is for BDC to do what he has done - I just find his golf ugly - and in my old-fashioned thinking the golf swing is supposed to be a thing of beauty and elegance.

The Lion

Visit site
Neither. I’m bored sick of American golfers, their egos, lack of intellect, selfishness, hard right-wing politics, plus the fact the system is essentially rigged to make it much easier for them to win more than their fair share of tournaments.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Speith...no matter how brave it is for BDC to do what he has done - I just find his golf ugly - and in my old-fashioned thinking the golf swing is supposed to be a thing of beauty and elegance.
Personally I don't think I'd call Spieth's swing a thing of beauty and elegance.
Then again not sure who the fella you are referring to is ???

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Neither. I’m bored sick of American golfers, their egos, lack of intellect, selfishness, hard right-wing politics, plus the fact the system is essentially rigged to make it much easier for them to win more than their fair share of tournaments.

So what do you really think?

D

Deleted member 15344

Wouldn’t chose to watch either of them

BDC does smash it a long but Christ it’s beyond frustrating watching him before he hits

Spieth just a bit boring

Would prefer to watch a Brit , Hatton , Fleetwood etc