Who would you rather follow, DeChambeau or Spieth?

Who would you rather follow, DeChambeau or Spieth?

• DeChambeau

Votes: 31 50.8%
  • Spieth

Votes: 30 49.2%

• Total voters

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
This will hopefully make a good online piece for Monday..

If you had inside-the-ropes access (this isn’t a competition) and you could follow one of these two who would it be?

And for what reason?

D

Deleted member 1147

I always follow Spieth at the Open, especially on practice days.
He’s a magician

DannyOT

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably Bryson just to see those bombs off the tee. It would also be interesting to see the swing up close, whereas Spieth's is a more traditional swing.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Speith. He putts like me. Holes monsters but rubbish from 12 feet. If I could not putt I would be off 10 instead of single figures.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I've photographed both from inside the ropes for a few holes each anyway - Jordan was leading the Open when I followed him - Bryson wasn't the 'big guy' back then (2018). I really like Jordan but because of the hype and the crowd reaction you'd get nowadays Bryson would be more fun to experience now.

MrGrumtastic

Visit site
I don't think there is anything that Spieth does that others don't do better. Even if he has a good day, I think he would need others to be off their game for him to win.

On the other hand, if things are clicking for Bryson then no one gets close to him. He could also have one of those days where he's knocking it OB, so there's some entertainment from the uncertainty!

D

Deleted member 1147

I followed Spieth on the Wednesday at Carnoustie.
His short game practice was amazing and his inventiveness intriguing. He and JT were hitting 100-150 yard 4 iron chip and runs on the 9th hole ?

Hit fairways and he has a hell of a chance in any event.