BRS

ntommo

Visit site
We currently run with Club systems for everything in our Golf Club however we have had a meeting with BRS about using their product. We didnt realise that they do the full package of tee booking, competitions, memberships and EPOS and we just thought it was a tee booking system they offered. Was just wondering if anyone is using the full BRS package and how it is going for them. Good, bad and indifferent tales if any would be much appreciated

HeftyHacker

Visit site
We use it for tee booking and memberships and I find it really good - the membership element in particular was really useful for setting up direct debits or paying you membership off however you like.

I think we did briefly use it for competitions but we've since gone to master scoreboard or something but I'm not sure on the reasoning behind that move sorry.

wjemather

Visit site
We currently run with Club systems for everything in our Golf Club however we have had a meeting with BRS about using their product. We didnt realise that they do the full package of tee booking, competitions, memberships and EPOS and we just thought it was a tee booking system they offered. Was just wondering if anyone is using the full BRS package and how it is going for them. Good, bad and indifferent tales if any would be much appreciated
BRS doesn't do the full package - it doesn't have competition management (other than booking) and doesn't integrate with WHS. BRS is partnered with Golf Genius for these functions, which is a separate product. BRS does also communicate with ClubV1 but less smoothly and with more irritations (and occasionally some show-stoppers).

We currently use ClubV1 for most things, with BRS for bookings and management of our points/credit-based membership. We seriously considered moving to the BRS/GG solution but ultimately thought better of it and now plan to migrate to IG by the spring.

ntommo

Visit site
BRS doesn't do the full package - it doesn't have competition management (other than booking) and doesn't integrate with WHS. BRS is partnered with Golf Genius for these functions, which is a separate product. BRS does also communicate with ClubV1 but less smoothly and with more irritations (and occasionally some show-stoppers).

We currently use ClubV1 for most things, with BRS for bookings and management of our points/credit-based membership. We seriously considered moving to the BRS/GG solution but ultimately thought better of it and now plan to migrate to IG by the spring.
We had a teams meeting with a rep last night who told us they do the whole package, we also thought it was just bookings but he told us they do everything now if we wanted it.

wjemather

Visit site
We had a teams meeting with a rep last night who told us they do the whole package, we also thought it was just bookings but he told us they do everything now if we wanted it.
They undoubtedly sell it as a package, and it may be superficially integrated into the front end with BRS branding on it, but their website confirms that underneath it's Golf Genius for comps and handicaps: https://www.brsgolf.com/web/competitions-and-handicapping/

ntommo

Visit site
They undoubtedly sell it as a package, and it may be superficially integrated into the front end with BRS branding on it, but their website confirms that underneath it's Golf Genius for comps and handicaps: https://www.brsgolf.com/web/competitions-and-handicapping/
Ah OK im with you now, yeah he did mention Golf Genius last night. We were under the impression that they only did tee bookings and we would have to stay with club systems

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Styal Golf Club uses the lot, I think, and it works very well. Great for booking comps. They block out an amount of tee times for comps and only let members book in on them. Works really well. We could pay out subs on it and it keeps a track of any winnings for use in the pro shop. My place however does not do this. We have to ask the club pro for tee times at the weekend and for the comps at weekend. He doesn't know why the committee have decided this, but its rubbish. Groups band together (I've joined one) and then tell the pro how many tee times they want and who will be playing in them. How new members get to play in comps I don't know. But I can say there is a drastic reduction on people playing in the comps from the last time I was there. Also, winning are held by the pro, so lord knows what I've got. (not much, but it would be nice to know).
So, I'd say, use BRS to its fullest extent. It seems to be a great piece of software for golf clubs.