Anyone using Club Systems booking system??

givepeaceachance

Visit site
Morning all. Just wondering if anyone is using Club Systems V1 booking system?? We're currently using BRS but thinking of changing so looking for opinions good or bad please? Thanks in advance.

NearHull

Visit site
We are about to change from BRS to Club International for tee bookings. When I scoped out the project, I identified 56 tasks under 7 headings. We decided to contract external ( and experienced) help. She starts on Monday. I can pm you with our initial task identification and subsequently our migration issues in the coming weeks.
Our main driver is to take control of the selling of our unused tee times in the quiet times at a price that we are happy with. We are a Members Club. We have estimated that there is an annual nett gain of several thousands by switching.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morning all. Just wondering if anyone is using Club Systems V1 booking system?? We're currently using BRS but thinking of changing so looking for opinions good or bad please? Thanks in advance.
Don't do it.
We changed from BRS to V1 in Nov last year and within in 2 weeks had made the decision to change back to BRS. WAs far too clunky , poor customer back up and just horrible

D

Deleted member 15344

We moved away from Club Systems to go to Intelligent Golf , it covers all the bases for golf club management

givepeaceachance

Visit site
We are about to change from BRS to Club International for tee bookings. When I scoped out the project, I identified 56 tasks under 7 headings. We decided to contract external ( and experienced) help. She starts on Monday. I can pm you with our initial task identification and subsequently our migration issues in the coming weeks.
Our main driver is to take control of the selling of our unused tee times in the quiet times at a price that we are happy with. We are a Members Club. We have estimated that there is an annual nett gain of several thousands by switching.

Thanks for that. Yes,I'd be happy to see any of your information regarding this.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can you please PM me as well. We are also thinking about it.

ntommo

Visit site
Any updates on the switch to club V1, we are in the other camp of looking at possibly switching to BRS. Just wondering if there are any new opinions on the two systems or anyone with opinions on the Intelligent Golf (which ive never really come across).
Thanks

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Any updates on the switch to club V1, we are in the other camp of looking at possibly switching to BRS. Just wondering if there are any new opinions on the two systems or anyone with opinions on the Intelligent Golf (which ive never really come across).
Thanks
Do you have V1 as your Club and/or Competition management system? If so why are you thinking of switching to BRS as it is only tee booking?

ntommo

Visit site
Do you have V1 as your Club and/or Competition management system? If so why are you thinking of switching to BRS as it is only tee booking?
We use V1 for everything however we are looking into the BRS alongside possibly Intelligent Golf just to see if there are any cost savings and ease of use for members and staff. Its not like we have much trouble with Club V1 we have just decided to have a look what else is out there as V1 is the only systems weve ever used. I do think the booking system of BRS is better than V1 in my limited usage of BRS. Just sort of looking for pros and cons of other systems

NearHull

Visit site
I have no knowledge of IG.
We currently use Club Systems for all membership, competitions and card usage. We use BRS for tee booking. We have decided to consolidate these support packages into one system - Club Systems has been our choice.
Whilst BRS does provide a good tee booking service, it doesn’t offer the other support services. Of course, its main attraction is the ‘free’ software and that may be a deciding factor, but the offset is the loss of your control of some tee times in terms of timing and, in terms of selling price. There are BRS packages that can be purchased that remove these conditions.

wjemather

Visit site
BRS does much more that just tee booking, specifically membership and other resource management.

We have moved our membership management to BRS from ClubV1 this season for ease of management for flexi/credit-based membership (far easier than migrating tee booking to ClubV1 given it will likely be a stop-gap solution).

We're still looking for an integrated solution that does everything well, but BRS is unlikely be part of it due to their EPOS provision, and the hefty cost of IG is an issue!! Looks like some substantial upgrades are imminent for ClubV1, so will see what that brings.

binnbhui

Visit site
Hi NearHull:.

We are considering the move from Club Systems to BRS for members app and tee booking (members and visitors). Purely because of cost with Club Systems full suite.

I'd really appReciate it if you could share the 56 tasks! Be interesting reading.

Regards,
LM

LizAig

Visit site
Hi - I wondered if anyone had any updates about BRS/Golf Now v Club V1.

We met with Club V1 rep this week as we are integrating our till system and putting in a touch screen. We are considering going with their visitor tee system too. The main reason for this is to have more control - we are a member run club, everything done by volunteers (& no pro) and currently GolfNow is a pain because we have to state ahead of time the tees that are released for visitors (at least that’s what the guy who is currently in charge of it says) so visitor tee is on the hour every hour during the week ….but we have lots of times that could be released as we are a small, fairly quiet club.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
After running a parallel trial for a couple of months we switched to CSI from BRS. We are now wall to wall CSI. It seems to have gone seamlessly and I am not aware of any issues. But our asst manager will be reporting to the H&C committee in a couple of days.

Edit:
As it happens our asst mgr just phoned re something else and gave me an update.

A couple of teething problems but nothing major.

Developmental team seem very good and work on the feedback we provide to come up with solutions to make the system more user friendly all the time.

(A comment I wasn't expecting from my time as H&C chair a few years ago)

Small issue with the workability of group bookings and how all the information is inputted and stored between tee sheet and diary, but are assured that a solution is not far in the future.

In terms of members, the only real issue has been 'change', and members getting used to the system. On the whole, from the main bulk of the membership we have heard very little and they have just got on with it.

We save, in yearly fees by using one system rather than two, around £2500 per annum.

Last edited:

NearHull

Visit site
Hi NearHull:.

We are considering the move from Club Systems to BRS for members app and tee booking (members and visitors). Purely because of cost with Club Systems full suite.

I'd really appReciate it if you could share the 56 tasks! Be interesting reading.

Regards,
LM
I can send that on by a PM when I get access to my laptop tomorrow, however after extensive trials and testing we identified 14 software changes that would need to be incorporated before we would switch to ClubV1 booking from our current tee booking through BRS. Our ‘ gold standard’ was that the ClubV1 booking system experience had to equal or better the tee booking BRS experience. We submitted the 14 changes around a year ago.
Club V1 has had several updates in the past year, they have ( not surprisingly given the core business of the new owners) concentrated on improving and adding enhancements to money transaction activities. The booking experience remains, for us, a poorer experience than BRS. We have abandoned the potential switch.

NearHull

Visit site
Hi - I wondered if anyone had any updates about BRS/Golf Now v Club V1.

We met with Club V1 rep this week as we are integrating our till system and putting in a touch screen. We are considering going with their visitor tee system too. The main reason for this is to have more control - we are a member run club, everything done by volunteers (& no pro) and currently GolfNow is a pain because we have to state ahead of time the tees that are released for visitors (at least that’s what the guy who is currently in charge of it says) so visitor tee is on the hour every hour during the week ….but we have lots of times that could be released as we are a small, fairly quiet club.
I’ve posted earlier about our experiences when we looked at switching to ClubV1 tee booking. Our main reason of a possible switch was to gain control over GolfNow and their selling policies that sometimes were sold at a very low value. Their low price undermined our other selling avenues.

We didn’t switch, instead we bought out the GolfNow HotDeals and we now fully control our tee bookings on line throughBRS. We have increased revenue by proactive promotion, increasing visitor access ( at times of our choosing) and setting a fair price. We have had comments from members that there doesn’t appear to many visitors nowadays! We have visitors, but as we control the access, the members are less aware of their presence.