Booking Systems Comparisons

NearHull

Visit site
My Club uses Cub Systems International for many admin and Competition activities but uses BRS/Golf Now for tee bookings including Opens. We are considering moving our tee bookings over to Club International using the ( new) HDID tee booking portal.
I am very conscious that we need to avoid any commercially sensitive areas between the the two providers but I would like to hear views of forummers on their relative experiences, both as a member and also from the Club’s perspective.

Mods, please delete if you feel that the commercial sensitivity issues become inappropriate for Golf Monthly to be involved.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We moved everything to Intelligent Golf, mainly so we could have interlinked systems.

As both a member and a committee member I have seen the benefits.

Previously Cobra and BRS.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are in the middle of evaluating the V1 booking system vs our current BRS. We already use V1 for everything else. I am told there are no issues so far.
The only small issue we have with BRS is not having a facility for an individual to indicate they intend to only play 9 holes if they are the first entry.

D

Deleted member 15344

Move to Intelligent Golf and that will cover everything all in one system

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Another IG fan here.
It should also be considered, along with the other 2, but is far more 'modern', which appeals more - with my IT background.
Cost will likely be the overriding factor in any decision, which I have no idea about.
FWIW, I was Comp Secy at club when HDID first arrived (many years ago). Another club switched from Club Systems to IG and was happy to do so. Most recent one has been IG from the start. BRS started as booking system and has plugged on other modules - and bought HandicapMaster to integrate.

Mandofred

Visit site
Currently with IG. Last year at 2 clubs they were using BRS and ClubV1. I have "heard" that they may change the part of IG for score entries to EG. Doesn't make sense to me to have two different systems though.....

D

Deleted member 15344

Currently with IG. Last year at 2 clubs they were using BRS and ClubV1. I have "heard" that they may change the part of IG for score entries to EG. Doesn't make sense to me to have two different systems though.....

EG app doesn’t do competitions ?‍♂️

The EG app is seperate to what ISVs the club uses - each club still requires an ISV do manage and maintain competitions and then players handicap

Mandofred

Visit site

The EG app is seperate to what ISVs the club uses - each club still requires an ISV do manage and maintain competitions and then players handicap
You can enter scores through EG. Competitions? No idea....
Golfers can now pre-register and post scores from general play rounds at any rated course in England via the 'My England Golf' app. The new function is 'live' and available to all members of affiliated golf clubs in England who hold a World Handicap System handicap index.14 Apr 2021

D

Deleted member 15344

You can enter scores through EG. Competitions? No idea....
Golfers can now pre-register and post scores from general play rounds at any rated course in England via the 'My England Golf' app. The new function is 'live' and available to all members of affiliated golf clubs in England who hold a World Handicap System handicap index.14 Apr 2021

?‍♂️ “General play” rounds - that’s been there on EG since WHS went live but it’s not there to administer club comps.

And each ISV will have the ability to enable members to enter general play cards.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Surely there's an interface to (or from) EG to retrieve scores at other clubs that have been registered.

Mandofred

Visit site
Haha....I wasn't paying enough attention and typed Club International (left systems out). You get something entirely different.....:oops:

NearHull

Visit site
Club International Systems provide ClubV1 and HowDidI Do.

Edit . that should be Club Systems International.

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cost will likely be the overriding factor in any decision, which I have no idea about.

When we considered IG a few years ago, IG was quite a bit more expensive than CSI. HM (the smallest of the big 3) is significantly cheaper than both but doesn't do any back office stuff except access to an external booking system and an external entry fee collection system.

BRS started as booking system and has plugged on other modules - and bought HandicapMaster to integrate.
I believe HandicapMaster is still independent and owned by the original owner but members can link to HM directly from BRS

BRS has a partnership deal with Golf Genius.

Last edited:

wjemather

Visit site
Our club have been considering moving from Club Systems with BRS for bookings, to BRS with Golf Genius for comps. HDID booking hasn't really been considered as I'm fairly sure it is far less functional than BRS in this respect.

Intelligent Golf seems to a popular all round choice but it's always been pretty much the most expensive solution out there (not sure of current pricing).

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our club have been considering moving from Club Systems with BRS for bookings, to BRS with Golf Genius for comps. HDID booking hasn't really been considered as I'm fairly sure it is far less functional than BRS in this respect.

Intelligent Golf seems to a popular all round choice but it's always been pretty much the most expensive solution out there (not sure of current pricing).
What do you currently use for back office work (membership management, bar & food, communications etc)?