BRS stopped working

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I use BRS on a phone, tablet & PC. On the tablet today BRS kept closing with an error. After a few attempts to put it right I uninstalled the BRS app & tried to reinstall it. Got a message saying that the app is not compatible with my device.

On checking the Android version the tablet is using it appears to be version 8.0, with 14 being the latest, with 15 in beta testing. No updates appear to be available. Is that it? Do I need a new tablet? It's a very old one & only holds a charge for 2 minutes so it's overdue a change.

Anyone else recently experienced this?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
I use BRS on a phone, tablet & PC. On the tablet today BRS kept closing with an error. After a few attempts to put it right I uninstalled the BRS app & tried to reinstall it. Got a message saying that the app is not compatible with my device.

On checking the Android version the tablet is using it appears to be version 8.0, with 14 being the latest, with 15 in beta testing. No updates appear to be available. Is that it? Do I need a new tablet? It's a very old one & only holds a charge for 2 minutes so it's overdue a change.

As I'm sitting on the settee doing nothing after golf, I'm having a "google" to see if there are any sites providing old versions of apps.

As that page says, you can use a browser with the right url provided by your club (mine is https://members.brsgolf.com/clandon/login)

Last edited:

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Quote: "You can downgrade most Android apps by going to Settings > Apps > Manage Apps and choosing to “Uninstall Updates” for a particular app, but this will also log out and remove all your app data"
From: https://www.howtogeek.com/how-to-downgrade-android-apps-keep-data/

But maybe loosing your data is not a problem; everything must be held on the server.

Last edited:

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site

I use my mobile (we say "cell") phone to call the auto club if I get a puncture
or to order pizza or Chinese takeout on my way home if I don't feel like cooking.

I use my laptop to kill time on internet fora such as this one.

I've never taken a photo with my phone or sent a text message,
but as soon as this Luddite finds out what a BRS is,
I'll happily look into it for you.:)

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
or to order pizza or Chinese takeout on my way home if I don't feel like cooking.

No need, thanks. Have just purchased a new tablet. It was high time.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

sjw

Visit site

Really? Never?? Wow!