Brooks Koepka

BigEasyERGC

Visit site
Congratulations and all that in terms of the Corinthian spirit of the game.

But there is something about brooks I just can't take to.

Can't stand the guy!

And all this talk about him being the next golfing great. Heard all the same noise after Rory's first few majors.

Just my opinion.

User20204

Visit site
I think he's the coolest guy in pro golf :p

Says things as it is, plays quick, doesn't get overly emotional, granted all that can come over as a bit dull but I think he's a breathe of fresh air to the game, and the fact he started his career over here gives him even more kudos, it's a yes from me.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
2nd Best thing to happen to golf for long time (after Tiger winning the masters).

Gets up hits it hard, goes finds it, hits it again without faffing about. Decent short game and putts well. Was happy to cut his teeth in Europe on the Challenge tour and now reaping the benefits. No daft gimmicks and seems pretty straight talking

im a big fan, but its just my opinion :)

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like him too. At leas he wins majors so is backing up the claims whereas DJ, for instance, just seems to flatter to deceive in the big 4. One wonders whether DJ will end up another Greg Norman whereas Koepka could be overtaking some big names in the majors list in the near future.

D

Deleted member 15344

I like him - certainly far better than DJ , Brooks has a personality and a better golfer - certainly going to win a few more majors.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Congratulations and all that in terms of the Corinthian spirit of the game.

But there is something about brooks I just can't take to.

Can't stand the guy!

And all this talk about him being the next golfing great. Heard all the same noise after Rory's first few majors.

Just my opinion.

Unlike rory he has the mental side of his game on tee

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seem like a nice bloke to me

Friendly enough I believe
Smashes it every chance he gets
Plays aggressive
A a proper hunk 😂

His shoes are gawd awful though as are his hillbilly razored lack of sideburns

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
2nd Best thing to happen to golf for long time (after Tiger winning the masters).

Gets up hits it hard, goes finds it, hits it again without faffing about. Decent short game and putts well. Was happy to cut his teeth in Europe on the Challenge tour and now reaping the benefits. No daft gimmicks and seems pretty straight talking

im a big fan, but its just my opinion :)
I agree with all of this. He's excellent.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Don't really see all the hate for him. I get it if you prefer someone else, either based on nationality or personality - but I don't see what there is to hate.

Personally think it will get harder for him now. Expectations are up and that will create it's own pressure - as it has with Rory, Spieth, DJ etc.
Who would have thought 5 years ago, we'd be sitting here with Rory still on 4 majors and a host of other guys one 1 or none - that you would have picked to win 2 or 3 by now.

I think people completely under estimate how tough it is to win these and for Brooks to have notched up 4 is quite an achievement, even if he wins nothing else again.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
What do people think, is his major form going to be flash in the pan like Rory and Spieth or do people think he will continue to win. His current Major form is ridiculous.

He's straight talking and really doesn't seem to care what people think of him or what he says, which may be why some don't like him, I find it refreshing as most pros don't really say anything at all

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I like him, he has something to prove and took the risk of coming over here and played 2nd rate comps to learn the game, rather than the usual US Pro route.

Hope he continues on and on

I think Rory achieved money and fame, got it all and has now lost that drive. something i hope doesn't happen to Brooks

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seem like a nice bloke to me

Friendly enough I believe
Smashes it every chance he gets
Plays aggressive
A a proper hunk 😂

His shoes are gawd awful though as are his hillbilly razored lack of sideburns

Maybe he's a member of The Plymouth Brethren!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like him, seems a decent guy from his interviews and he's honest. Got some interesting ideas on the game but I like the way he plays and I like his shoes :LOL:

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
I like him, he has something to prove and took the risk of coming over here and played 2nd rate comps to learn the game, rather than the usual US Pro route.

I think Rory achieved money and fame, got it all and has now lost that drive. something i hope doesn't happen to Brooks

It seems like he doesn't particularly care about the game as a love, I think he prefers baseball, it's a job to him. Don't know if that will work in his favour or not

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site

In fairness to Rory, I think this is the case for a lot of guys.

I would be amazed if Rory has problems with work ethic or desire. I think he just feels the pressure when it gets to the final round.

It's a mental problem. He feels that he should be chasing double figures by now in terms of majors. Obviously his 1st two he won by 8 shots and every time he tees is up he feels if he plays as good as he can play, at most venues, no one will beat him.