Broken clavicle

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I broke my right clavicle whilst riding my road bike. Took up riding May 2020 mainly to help lose some weight and really enjoy it but unfortunately March 8th this year my back brake failed whilst doing 35mph down hill and my front brake couldn’t stop 18.7 st so hit curb at 35 and flew into the verge resulting in broken clavicle. Now I’m back on bike and finally back playing golf 1st June. Still have pain and aches 16 weeks later but not while actually playing golf mainly after. Didn’t receive any physio due to lockdown just had to stretch it.Anyone else broken there shoulder wondering when the pain will finally ease. Don’t think I will get my 20 cards in this year also. Still scares me going downhill on bike but won’t give it up.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Have you pursued the physio? Mrs BiM has had a shoulder replacement and is getting exercises via something called Phsiapp; she had an appointment with an NHS physio & is then sent a programme via the app. Really useful as the exercises are displayed in a video on your mobile so you've always got a reminder.

Good luck with the recovery. (y)

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. Have you pursued the physio? Mrs BiM has had a shoulder replacement and is getting exercises via something called Phsiapp; she had an appointment with an NHS physio & is then sent a programme via the app. Really useful as the exercises are displayed in a video on your mobile so you've always got a reminder.

Good luck with the recovery. (y)
I’m still doing the stretching but probably not as much as needed. I will see if I can get the app you mentioned

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I broke mine 40 yrs ago and still remember it’s the most painful thing that’s ever happened to me.
I still get aches in it now when it’s cold .
I have been seeing a phisio for over 8 weeks now for another thing.
So suprized they are not open by you.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I’m still doing the stretching but probably not as much as needed. I will see if I can get the app you mentioned
Your not alone. This was one of the biggest problems I heard when working at the pit. Every Weds we had a physio come to the medical centre. Every appointment was taken every week. She had 30 minute sessions. Gave all types of treatments and then usually finished with exercises for the lads to do during the week. The lads would come back the following week and she would ask “ how are the exercises going” 9/10 would say “ they have not been doing them”. But in the same time could not understand why muscles and movement had not got better.
Me I would book to see a physio and do the exercises.?

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
That sucks. Be thankful it broke though and you didn't rupture your AC joint instead.

Funny thing to say, but sometimes if the clavicle doesn't break when faced with a trauma it transfers to the AC joint. If that does it's surgery and months and months out

MikeB

Club Champion
Visit site
Broke mine (along with lots of other bones) racing motorbikes in the 90's. No probs at all now. Oh and get a bike with disc brakes, they're a world ahead.