British Golf Show - is it worth going to?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Keep getting e-mails about this, £15 advance tickets.
Never been before, wonder if it was a decent day out or not?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I went to one years ago... I wouldn't again. These kind of things before the internet were probably brilliant. Now, it only takes a few minutes to check out all the different stuff available to us.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I went when it was local and it was nice to have a go on the new stuff - you'll pick up tees and various free stuff as well.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
8 of us usually go to the golf show in Glasgow or Edinburgh just for the 3 discount golf vouchers , some decent courses to be played for a fiver .

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Bill..Some of us went a couple of times 5/6 yrs ago.
Wound up spending more on parking at SECC/couple of drinks,crisps,nuts,Sunday papers than the value of the vouchers,but overall was o.k.but once/twice seen that was enough for us.A bit of 'seen it,done it' and don't need to do again.
Jimbo

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bill..Some of us went a couple of times 5/6 yrs ago.
Wound up spending more on parking at SECC/couple of drinks,crisps,nuts,Sunday papers than the value of the vouchers,but overall was o.k.but once/twice seen that was enough for us.A bit of 'seen it,done it' and don't need to do again.
Jimbo
We make a day of it, usually the Sunday [the last day ] sometimes they sell off stuff cheaper rather than pack it up and take it back.
We'll get train or maybe a lift in 12ish , get our vouchers , spend a hour or so looking around, maybe try a few things.
Go for a bite to eat in town, a wee pub crawl then catch up with 2 of my old band mates that play in a couple of well known establishments [ dives ;) .
Then bus passes, taxi or mibbie ambulance back :ROFLMAO:

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Went to the scottish show a couple of years ago missed last year's and think I'll go this year to get some freebie rounds, I quite enjoyed it as it was the first time I'd been to anything like that, it was mobbed tho, hit the bullseye on the golf darts and won a pack of balls