Women’s Scottish Open - is it happening

WarkworthHacker

Visit site
My partner took up golf around 18 months ago and she is excited to see the pros at Dundonald next month.

However, the event website has barely been updated since last year’s event, tickets are yet to go on sale and there is no press activity whatsoever. in addition, hotels in the area still have plenty of availability.

Contacted the LET who said tickets will be out “in the coming weeks”.

Anybody heard anything about volunteering or other stuff that would indicate that this is going ahead?

Would prefer to cancel our travel, etc rather than lose the money.

Crumplezone

Visit site
I guess if the LET say tickets will be coming out soon, they would know. You'd be more likely to hear if it had been cancelled I think. It's also still listed on the LET and LPGA sites. We're planning on going too, but plan to play a few rounds up there anyway, so it won't be the end of the world if it isn't on. We usually go the the British Women's Open, but they teed off and finished so late last year, we decided to give the Scottish a go this time.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Walton Heath too much of a hike from here.

Lots of great courses in that area. Would recommend Glasgow Gailes. Real friendly club and a very decent links course.
£150 a round is a bit steep for me. We're playing Girvan and Troon Darley or Lochgreen. We've been up to that area there a few times and played those before and they're good value for money. Might just stretch to Prestwick St Nicholas at £85.

WarkworthHacker

Visit site
I didn’t realise that it was that expensive. We played it in March the day after Dundonald for less that £220 for both including a nights stay.

Kilmarnock Barrasie was another good track in that area.

Shelling out more than £100 a bit risky when it might rain and/or blow at 40mph. We played Dundonald in October in a gale and it was a farce - putting into bunkers, etc.