Bridgestone Tour B RX

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
The DX2 are not 3 piece or urethane balls so would not be on my trial list.

I preferred the DX3 U over the FG tours all though I do not know which version the latter are. (My swing speed is probably around the lower end for better players)

Seems like they've stopped making the DX3 Urethane, which was a really good ball, especially for the price. It's no longer on the Wilson website, or in the stock list at AG. Seems they (Wilson) have the FG Tour Urethane (which hasn't been around for a while in the UK). The DX2 is a decent enough winter ball, but nowhere near as nice to play with in summer conditions as the DX3 U, or the Bridgestone B330 range.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems like they've stopped making the DX3 Urethane, which was a really good ball, especially for the price. It's no longer on the Wilson website, or in the stock list at AG. Seems they (Wilson) have the FG Tour Urethane (which hasn't been around for a while in the UK). The DX2 is a decent enough winter ball, but nowhere near as nice to play with in summer conditions as the DX3 U, or the Bridgestone B330 range.

Thanks for the heads up I just ordered 3 dozen from Snainton Golf so should have enough balls for a couple of summers.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Had my 2nd round with the Wilson DX3 spin.

Def longer of the club, even though it was only 5 deg and a 2 club wind, which would equate to 3 clubs extra here most of the time, i was only having to hit one maybe 2 at most. flew off the driver face and irons. But i could not stop the ball at all even with a couple of 110 yards gap wedge shots the ball still went over the back of the green. so though they are a better on distance not really any control for me. had 177 to the flag on 16 hit 7 which pitched 10 ft short of the flag into the up slope, but still went way though the back i suppose i would have to adapt and run everything up, but thats hard to do this time of year when its soft
if only i could use this on everything but chips and short iron shots:(

back to the drawing board

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

Def longer of the club, even though it was only 5 deg and a 2 club wind, which would equate to 3 clubs extra here most of the time, i was only having to hit one maybe 2 at most. flew off the driver face and irons. But i could not stop the ball at all even with a couple of 110 yards gap wedge shots the ball still went over the back of the green. so though they are a better on distance not really any control for me. had 177 to the flag on 16 hit 7 which pitched 10 ft short of the flag into the up slope, but still went way though the back i suppose i would have to adapt and run everything up, but thats hard to do this time of year when its soft

You want soft, try TM Project (a)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Or if you want/need a high spinning ball try the Volvik S4. Genuinely, they spin higher than Pro V's etc.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Or if you want/need a high spinning ball try the Volvik S4. Genuinely, they spin higher than Pro V's etc.
got loads of premium balls Jacko, was looking into a softer compression to us full time. might just be pie in the sky , but worth an experiment. our greens are still fairly firm, only pin tined this week but fringes hollow tined, so those are really soft, if the greens soften up some more if we get some rain and when we go on mats, even a topflight will stop;)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
got loads of premium balls Jacko, was looking into a softer compression to us full time. might just be pie in the sky , but worth an experiment. our greens are still fairly firm, only pin tined this week but fringes hollow tined, so those are really soft, if the greens soften up some more if we get some rain and when we go on mats, even a topflight will stop;)

Chrome Soft or Super Soft then.

Srixon Trispeed is another worth looking at.

Titleist TruSoft or Tour Soft. (They have been mentioned already)

Vice from memory are also low compression. Pro versions.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Chrome Soft or Super Soft then.

Srixon Trispeed is another worth looking at.

Titleist TruSoft or Tour Soft. (They have been mentioned already)

Vice from memory are also low compression. Pro versions.

didn't really like the Chrome soft, i do use the Supersoft for Hickory golf. I was hoping to find a ball that would be a soft compression so good distance of all clubs with it still being able to stop like a Prov or other prem ball.

once we go to mats everything stops TBH,
it may just be that without it being a 3 or 4 piece. need to find a 4 piece with 30 compression and a soft cover that will stop on short shots.
the search continues...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If that is the level of control you are getting with the spin version, then DX3 U is definitely a totally different ball.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If that is the level of control you are getting with the spin version, then DX3 U is definitely a totally different ball.
too tight to buy them just to trial for a few rounds, will have a look around see if there are any in some of the other ball bins in the garden.

I though someone else said they had stopped doing them anyway?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
too tight to buy them just to trial for a few rounds, will have a look around see if there are any in some of the other ball bins in the garden.

I though someone else said they had stopped doing them anyway?

plenty still around.

I get to try most ballsmyself after finding one and only buy the ones I really like hence 3 dozen of these for when the B330RXS run out. One of these days I might get round to using up all the Prov1s I have got horded for when am a little bit less discerning about what ball I use.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
didn't really like the Chrome soft, i do use the Supersoft for Hickory golf. I was hoping to find a ball that would be a soft compression so good distance of all clubs with it still being able to stop like a Prov or other prem ball.

once we go to mats everything stops TBH,
it may just be that without it being a 3 or 4 piece. need to find a 4 piece with 30 compression and a soft cover that will stop on short shots.
the search continues...

Don't get too worried about the number of pieces involved. As a generality the primary reason for multiple construction is to enable fine tuning of the balls spin characteristics over a wide range of clubhead speeds (ie how the ball physically deforms under different forces, and reacts). To a degree some of this can be achieved with different, smart, materials as well - and you are back to the material cost v the manufacturing cost to achieve the same thing.

The dimple pattern will be one of the biggest elements to affect how the ball flies.

The cover material, and to a lesser degree it's thickness, has the biggest impact on low compression spin rates - think check factors. For full shots with longer clubs you are also back to the construction elements above. Urethane wins for the type of behaviour you are looking for here - most of the top premium balls...and the TM project (a) 😎 in the current ranges.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Hope it makes it to the UK.

....... It's no longer on the Wilson website, or in the stock list at AG. Seems they (Wilson) have the FG Tour Urethane (which hasn't been around for a while in the UK).

I’m pretty sure the Duo is the US/ European version of the DX2. The UK website only currently lists the FG Tour with a Urethane cover. But if they have stopped producing the DX3U, maybe we’ll see a DX2U appear soon.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I’m pretty sure the Duo is the US/ European version of the DX2. The UK website only currently lists the FG Tour with a Urethane cover. But if they have stopped producing the DX3U, maybe we’ll see a DX2U appear soon.

That link is a DUO Professional which is a different ball.