Bridgestone Tour B RX

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
found a couple of these last week and tried then today.

Played Nairn Dunbar and took up the winter membership due to ours being closed at the moment.

Very impressed with feel off the club and distance, as as it was cold this morning and the ball still flew normal summer distances which i wouldn't have gotten with my normal Prov1. got a few to stop quit easily, though a couple of the greens at the start were still frozen so those didn't. Chipping also plenty of stop.

Only downside was they felt quit clicky of the putter and not really to my liking.

a good ball none the less, no idea what the ball in comparable with would use one again no problem.

would i buy them, maybe if ever had to buy balls, but with two dogs and a golf course around the corner, i don't think that will ever be an issue;)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Tried the Bridgestone B330s tour balls at the weekend and they were good to be fair
not tried any of those for some time, last time they aimed that ball at people with CHS of over 105 MPH with a driver, so lost distance with them really. wonder if that's still the case?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The 330 RX is my choice of a 'winter' golf ball

and the 330RXS my 'summer' ball

Mind I am talking about the versions 2 generations ago.

I am just coming to the end of the 330RXS s and I have already made up my mind to switch to the Wilson DX3 urethane (low compression and masses of greenside spin).

The latest version of the B330RXS did not quite have the same feel as the version I am using at the moment.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Very good ball. I still have a few from a few seasons back to get through and the pro shop has started stocking the Bridgestone range so may go back to them again. Personally I can't really tell the difference between these and the Pro V

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I got given a couple of these at a Cobra fitting day and was very impressed with them, will be putting them through their paces some more over the next couple of rounds (or holes, depending on how things go).

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Very good ball. I still have a few from a few seasons back to get through and the pro shop has started stocking the Bridgestone range so may go back to them again. Personally I can't really tell the difference between these and the Pro V

One has a big capital B stamped on it, the other says Titleist.

Pretty easy to tell the difference if you look!!!!

😂😉

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The 330 RX is my choice of a 'winter' golf ball

and the 330RXS my 'summer' ball

Mind I am talking about the versions 2 generations ago.

I am just coming to the end of the 330RXS s and I have already made up my mind to switch to the Wilson DX3 urethane (low compression and masses of greenside spin).

The latest version of the B330RXS did not quite have the same feel as the version I am using at the moment.
My mate that's been experimenting with low compression balls mentioned these as well. i have a couple in the ball bin in the garden will dig them out and try next round.

there's also a few DX2 soft have you tried these?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mate that's been experimenting with low compression balls mentioned these as well. i have a couple in the ball bin in the garden will dig them out and try next round.

On the early 330 RXS, these were, effectively, a lower compression core version of the Pro V1 at the time (because the Pro V1 copied Bridgestone just a little to closely and the lawyers moved in) but they have both diverged a little from those very specific models - even the ProV!

The Wilson Balls have also changed a bit since the original DX2 that a lot of people loved (and some hated - marmite ball 🤔) and as with so many balls right now if the core charecteristics work with you impact conditions for full shots, and you like the feel of the cover, you are just left with the dimple pattern and its associated trajectory to dictate whether the ball is perfect for you (or as perfect as one ball can be).

I've really enjoyed the Project (a) for most of this year, so much so that I have just bought another 12 - but it won't suit everyone.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
On the early 330 RXS, these were, effectively, a lower compression core version of the Pro V1 at the time (because the Pro V1 copied Bridgestone just a little to closely and the lawyers moved in) but they have both diverged a little from those very specific models - even the ProV!

The Wilson Balls have also changed a bit since the original DX2 that a lot of people loved (and some hated - marmite ball 🤔) and as with so many balls right now if the core charecteristics work with you impact conditions for full shots, and you like the feel of the cover, you are just left with the dimple pattern and its associated trajectory to dictate whether the ball is perfect for you (or as perfect as one ball can be).

I've really enjoyed the Project (a) for most of this year, so much so that I have just bought another 12 - but it won't suit everyone.

Project A is a pretty decent ball. I agree.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i think i tried the dx2 when it first came out, but i didn't like it. There was another wilson ball was it the FG tour i quite liked, which was nice and soft, but i was losing a club at least in distance with it.

Found 3 DX3 spin and given then a spin in the dish washer;) will give them a try next game out

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
i think i tried the dx2 when it first came out, but i didn't like it. There was another wilson ball was it the FG tour i quite liked, which was nice and soft, but i was losing a club at least in distance with it.

Found 3 DX3 spin and given then a spin in the dish washer;) will give them a try next game out
FGTour is a 4 piece ball with which they were trying to break into the premium ball market - as many trying to do that it was well priced for the spec and found a lot of followers amongst those who tried it. Currently their only Urethane covered model although stock of the 2017 DX3 urethane will still be around.
Current DX3 is the SOFT SPIN, last years models were the DX3 Spin and Dx3 Soft...again they will still be on the shelves (let alone in bags or lying around!)

Apart from the various issues associated with the detail behind the exact model designations it really does become more and more difficult to find a ball that works for you in terms of numbers and feel(s) when they are constantly being updated!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The DX2 are not 3 piece or urethane balls so would not be on my trial list.

I preferred the DX3 U over the FG tours all though I do not know which version the latter are. (My swing speed is probably around the lower end for better players)