Bridgestone e6 golf balls

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
considering using some as I read somewhere that they are good golf balls for mid handicappers but I don't know whether to trust the magazine I read it out of.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Go for it....forget the expense.....in fact, why not just get 2015 version Pro V1x's? Magazines say they are really good too :thup:

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
Go for it....forget the expense.....in fact, why not just get 2015 version Pro V1x's? Magazines say they are really good too :thup:

Im not bothered about the price of the e6. I just do not trust the magazine. The pro v1x is just too expensive for me when i find them on my course and they perform fine.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
its a good mid range ball, its more a case of finding something you like and works. what some one else likes might not be the same for you.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Im not bothered about the price of the e6. I just do not trust the magazine. The pro v1x is just too expensive for me when i find them on my course and they perform fine.

Which magazine? Why don't you trust them?

PingPlayer15

Club Champion
Visit site
I think it was called tee times. I don't trust it because it was tested by a guy who only used them with his driver. It wasn't an all round test so i don't know how good it is with irons, wedges or putters.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I use the Bridgestone FIX and they are a fine ball. Really durable and I've been getting plenty of spin and check on chip shots lately.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've been using them all winter, and imo they are really good.

With the greens being soft the ball stops plenty quick enough, and I think (although I won't know until it warms up again) they are a club longer with irons.

The reason I say that is I normally have to club up in the winter but I've been using summer yardages with these and been about right.

The feel nice to putt with as well.

The only difference I've noticed is that chips and short pitches (<20yd) don't stop as quick as with a premium ball.

Go for it I say.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
What magazine is this? "Marketing Bullplop Monthly"? Do they have anything about those tees that prevent a slice? or the new ball marker that will eliminate 3-putts?

Also, 10 to 15 yards compared to what? A stone? A ping pong ball? A tennis ball? A pro-v1?

Last edited by a moderator:

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I picked up a nice condition one recently and it came to hand last Sunday when I entered the club swindle.

I won with 41 points.

Would I use one again - definitely

Would I go out of my way to use one; yep, I'd dig around in the bag to see if I had one in preference to anything else (I have a bag full of nearly new ProVs)

I liked the trajectory I got with all the clubs, the distances seemed good and the ball felt 'nice'.

And29

Head Pro
Visit site
The magazine says that the e6 "will gain you 10 to 15 yards on good drives and improve your long game drastically"

I think the 15 yards comes form a straighter ball flight
and ive played with these balls and they are straight but but so are srixon distance and ad333

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I reckon my irons are almost a club longer with them so the claim on the drive doesn't sound too far fetched, although I've not tested against my usual ball with my driver.