Brand loyalty

Hitdaball

Visit site
How brand loyal are you?
When I started playing a few years ago the FIL sent me to Ping Gainsborough and I got fitted for some Ping G which I still have, plus Ping everything apart from putter.
I need a new set to keep in Ireland and haven’t really considered anything but Ping as I have become comfortable with them.
Then earlier this week I played with a hired set of AP1 at Druids Glen and after getting used to the different sound I actually hit the ball really well. The TS2 driver I had a great time with, pretty much all on the fairway.
My golfs not great at HCP 17 so I was never too fussed with equipment as the flaws in my swing will make more difference than clubs but should I branch out and try everything else before ponying up?

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Go with what works, Ive got the 2016 TM M2 driver, keep looking at the newer versions and other makes but cant find a better driver for my swing but I would have no qualms moving to Cally etc if they could give me a tangible difference.

ademac

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Try everything you have access to and can afford, see what works best and go with it.
It might knock some shots of the handicap.

Hitdaball

Visit site
What’s strange is that I did go for a ball fitting where I hit pretty much every decent ball on the market to get my driver spin down !

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Im pretty much going to stick with anything from Ping, Cleveland, Mizuno, Wilson Staff or Srixon. Cant see myself going to other brands.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am Cally, Titleist, Mizuno, Nike (when they made golf clubs).
Brands I don't consider, TM, Ping, Wilson.

Latest irons, Cobra. No idea why. Very nice though.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I was exclusively Ping and Nike, but Nike stopped doing balls so I added Snell into my brand mix. Also added motocaddy earlier this month, not even buying the Ping bag I looked at for months.
With those brands I just know the sizes that fit me, and not planning to change the clubs.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Mizuno for irons up till now their standard loft and lie suit me, but with them changing with the MP20 and JPX series i might be trying something else next time

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Ping irons, I also went for a fitting at Gainsborough for my first set (20 yrs ago), which kind of makes me a bit loyal, now playing the G410s but I’ll buy what I hit well. I recently changed putter from Ping to Odessey

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I've only had one set of Ping irons, for all of about 8 months. The last 20 years has seen me change my irons about once a year on average. Managed to keep my current set for the last 18 months, a record, but the year before I went through 3 different sets. I've not really been brand loyal to a specific brand, favouring Titleist, TM, Mizuno, Callaway and Ping.

The week I parted company with the Pings I'd ordered new irons midweek, and played with the Pings on the Saturday shooting level par. The new irons, the following week, shot 1 over par.

Wolf

Visit site
I don't have loyalty to any brand at all. I have always believed in giving everything a fair trial before deciding on what feels best. I think sometimes we can close ourselves off to something good but merely focusing on certain brands. I've been guilty of it myself always said I would not have a TM driver then tried a fully fitted M5 and found something perfect for me..

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm a real whore - happy to play absolutely anything, from any manufacturer, that helps performance or enjoyment (not always the same thing).

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I've only had one set of Ping irons, for all of about 8 months. The last 20 years has seen me change my irons about once a year on average. Managed to keep my current set for the last 18 months, a record, but the year before I went through 3 different sets. I've not really been brand loyal to a specific brand, favouring Titleist, TM, Mizuno, Callaway and Ping.

The week I parted company with the Pings I'd ordered new irons midweek, and played with the Pings on the Saturday shooting level par. The new irons, the following week, shot 1 over par.

You'll never get anywhere keep changing clubs Brian - I've had my irons now for 11 months 😁

Merv_swerve

Challenge Tour Pro
goo.gl
Years ago, I had a really mixed bag (except TM) and scoffed at the thought of having a one brand bag. Then I got into it a bit more, seemed to have a lot of Mizuno without even realizing!
When Cobra were really breaking through on the Ricky Fowler wave I ended up going completely Cobra, even bought the bag to match! But to be fair, I found them to be excellent clubs and more importantly to me, good value for money. Ping and Titleist were out of price range.
Now I've kinda changed back to mixed, part through necessity and bargain hunting. I even now have 2 TM clubs in the bag (Spider off the GM selling page + M2 3W off a fellow fiddler at home).
Currently chomping it round with PingG30 driver, TM 3W, Callaway XHot hybrids, Cobra irons still, Vokey wedge, TM putter - and really happy with them all right now!

I think I just love a bargain!

dronfield

Visit site
My last 2 sets of irons have been Mixuno - had my JPX800 for 8 years and dont see me changing them anytime soon. My driver/fairway wood are both Ping, who i think do offer more forgiveness for us high handicappers.
Re clothing/shoes - because i generally buy online, i like brands whose sizing i can trust, and so usually buy Adidas shirts/tops and Footjoy shoes.

Rich