Brand loyalty

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
had another go with the Mizuno Mp20 HMB, bit chunky on the topline, but very forgiving and a good 10 yards longer than my MP4. tried lots of shafts, but still came back to the KBS C taper 120. trouble is the lofts are stronger and the shafts 1/4 inch longer than mine, so that could acount for the distance. couldn't hit a bad shot with the 5 iron despite trying.... torn.. not cheap though 4~PW £1000 ish.... if i do splash, my pro says i should get 7~4 in the HMB and have the blades 8,9 and PW bent to the lofts of the HMB. which would still req me to do something with my wedges, have 52. 58 at the moment, so might have to go 50, then either 54 and 58 or just 58. saying that the extra distance with the 4 iron means i can drop the 3 iron or hybrid

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Never understood brand loyalty in the slightest. If there is something else on the market that suits you and your game better why dismiss it as the brand doesn’t match etc etc.

My bag is an constant mix up just because I like to tinker and some of my best clubs are brands I wouldn’t have considered if I was brand loyal like I was in 2007/2008 when I started playing again

Hitdaball

Visit site
Fitting marathon update.

I tried G410 and T300 again at my club.

This time the T300 came out best with with regular shafts and flew a little longer than the previous fitting. They were a clubish longer than the G410 but gave me more bad low slices. That could just be me on the day.

The G410 were ok , pretty much my Gs plus 1/2 club.

Onto the final(last) at Orka. Fitted for reflex irons and came out best with KDS stiff graphite. Distance up on the T300 on the day and dispersion bloody fantastic. Felt really comfortable as well.

On the photo red is the G 7 iron 30degree reg , turquoise the Orka reflex 7 iron 34 degree stiff KDS graphite and Pink T300 7 29 degree regular steel.

On those numbers alone the Orka Reflex with KDS stiff graphite is the clear winner.

Anyone looking at going to Orka I’d recommend. I’m still not 100% decided on what I’ll do but I’m very glad I’m made the trip. Graphite shafts at 50? As someone else already told me I have 5 hybrid so I have already sunk to the bottom of the barrel , don’t worry about graphite shafts 😆

Attachments

• B421DD57-C293-4FB8-AB0E-530C470DB9D8.jpeg
    B421DD57-C293-4FB8-AB0E-530C470DB9D8.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 11

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Fitting marathon update.

I tried G410 and T300 again at my club.

This time the T300 came out best with with regular shafts and flew a little longer than the previous fitting. They were a clubish longer than the G410 but gave me more bad low slices. That could just be me on the day.

The G410 were ok , pretty much my Gs plus 1/2 club.

Onto the final(last) at Orka. Fitted for reflex irons and came out best with KDS stiff graphite. Distance up on the T300 on the day and dispersion bloody fantastic. Felt really comfortable as well.

On the photo red is the G 7 iron 30degree reg , turquoise the Orka reflex 7 iron 34 degree stiff KDS graphite and Pink T300 7 29 degree regular steel.

On those numbers alone the Orka Reflex with KDS stiff graphite is the clear winner.

Anyone looking at going to Orka I’d recommend. I’m still not 100% decided on what I’ll do but I’m very glad I’m made the trip. Graphite shafts at 50? As someone else already told me I have 5 hybrid so I have already sunk to the bottom of the barrel , don’t worry about graphite shafts 😆

I've had graphite shafts in my irons since I was 41 due to a combination of arthritis, tendonitis and carpal tunnel. They're a god send.

D

Deleted member 3432

had another go with the Mizuno Mp20 HMB, bit chunky on the topline, but very forgiving and a good 10 yards longer than my MP4. tried lots of shafts, but still came back to the KBS C taper 120. trouble is the lofts are stronger and the shafts 1/4 inch longer than mine, so that could acount for the distance. couldn't hit a bad shot with the 5 iron despite trying.... torn.. not cheap though 4~PW £1000 ish.... if i do splash, my pro says i should get 7~4 in the HMB and have the blades 8,9 and PW bent to the lofts of the HMB. which would still req me to do something with my wedges, have 52. 58 at the moment, so might have to go 50, then either 54 and 58 or just 58. saying that the extra distance with the 4 iron means i can drop the 3 iron or hybrid

HMB's are fugly.

If you are buying Mizuno buy something that looks like a Mizuno at least ;)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I liked them, did you try the blade? Seriously that was forgiving as well.
Completely get the distance thing I used the 34 degree bladed 7 and did not feel it was down on the HMB 7.
Really liked the recoil shaft and the graphite kbs shaft .. probably more the recoils.
At£1000 I am in, these are the business but they are a lot - going to have to dial back one something else 🙁

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I liked them, did you try the blade? Seriously that was forgiving as well.
Completely get the distance thing I used the 34 degree bladed 7 and did not feel it was down on the HMB 7.
Really liked the recoil shaft and the graphite kbs shaft .. probably more the recoils.
At£1000 I am in, these are the business but they are a lot - going to have to dial back one something else 🙁
no i already have the MP4 blade, which is forgiving, the season i didn'ttry them i fancy something i bit more so and the CB don't look that good by comp to my eye.

tried quite a few shafts and the ctaper still came out best.

I'm in no rush at the moment i'm flushing mine

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
no i already have the MP4 blade, which is forgiving, the season i didn'ttry them i fancy something i bit more so and the CB don't look that good by comp to my eye.

tried quite a few shafts and the ctaper still came out best.

I'm in no rush at the moment i'm flushing mine
When you say CB do you mean Mmc?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
yes, they are fugley to my eye, remind me of the MP58 which must be the uglyest Mizunos ive ever seen;)
Yeah that’s what I thought as well the HMB is more discrete.
I was just surprised how easy the blade was though, I haven’t tried the modern generation blade - mp52 is where I am with mx200 5 iron. Felt that these new irons were more forgiving than the mp52.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Yeah that’s what I thought as well the HMB is more discrete.
I was just surprised how easy the blade was though, I haven’t tried the modern generation blade - mp52 is where I am with mx200 5 iron. Felt that these new irons were more forgiving than the mp52.
i went from MP62 which was a lovely looking club but zero forgivness, to the JPX 825 pro, which i strugglesd to control, every shot was flushed and went highand straight, all well and good, but not when you are trying to play a low half shot:LOL: to MP4 blades, and i didn't lose any distance with the switch despite the JPX being a GI iron imo to a blade. The MP4 gave me back shot shaping and a lower ball flightwhen needed.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i went from MP62 which was a lovely looking club but zero forgivness, to the JPX 825 pro, which i strugglesd to control, every shot was flushed and went highand straight, all well and good, but not when you are trying to play a low half shot:LOL: to MP4 blades, and i didn't lose any distance with the switch despite the JPX being a GI iron imo to a blade. The MP4 gave me back shot shaping and a lower ball flightwhen needed.
It’s interesting as I was having this conversation with my PP and he was worrying about losing straightness if he moved to blades. I just said you shape them very few people play dead straight. If it’s difficult to shape the club how can you overcome a problem? I play my 5 iron with a small draw stance to maximise straightness, standard stance gives me a high floaty fade. Both have there place in a round.
I am also looking at some clubs 6,5 4 hybrid and 5 wood as yardage eaters and can have a dispersions of 20yards as they should get me close enough to play with my accurate irons.
Long par 3’s though mean that some element of control is required with these clubs so backing off and concentrating more on face angle comes in.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
No loyalty where clubs are concerned, I’ll buy and play with any brand that works for me and I feel confident with.

however, due to constant failings and paying out too much for poor quality I’ll no longer buy FJ shoes and will now continue to be brand loyal to Ecco, as I already do with Galvin Green.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
No loyalty where clubs are concerned, I’ll buy and play with any brand that works for me and I feel confident with.

however, due to constant failings and paying out too much for poor quality I’ll no longer buy FJ shoes and will now continue to be brand loyal to Ecco, as I already do with Galvin Green.

Both your "loyalty" brands I will.never use again due to dreadful customer service.

Just shows what works for some doesn't work for everyone.