Custom Fit Scottsdale Golf Warrington.

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
Just got back from the new Scottsdale Fitting Centre at Warrington. Got to say it was superb setup.

Some of you might know I was looking at a set or Orka's, but I couldn't decide whether to get them or go somewhere with more of a range of choice. I went for the Orka fitting a couple of weeks ago but struggled due to my swing letting me down. But the few goods ones I did hit felt great. The main issue was the loss of yardage, maybe 1 to 1.5 clubs.

Today I went Scottsdale who have recently opened a fitting centre in Warrington. I had spent a bit of time looking at different clubs to see what I liked the look of prior to going. But I went with an open mind and wanted what was the best fit.

After hitting a few balls with my current 7 iron (again not hitting it great ?). The fitter asked me what clubs I wanted to hit and got together a good selection. TM P790, P770, P7MC, Callaway Apex 2021, Maverick, Apex TCB, Titleist T200. I wanted to try the Srizon ZX7 but they didn't have the stock to build them, so I decided I would only try them if none of the others worked. Before going the P7MC and Apex TCB were the ones I wanted ?.

I went through the heads one by one discounting the ones I didn't like or didn't hit very well. This left me with the P760s and Apex TCBs. The TCBs gave me the best feel and dispersion and only lost 1 yard on the P760s.

We then went through a range of shafts to try and get the spin rate up a little bit, but couldn't find one that was a better fit than the 1st one I tried. So it was decided Apex TCB it was 5-pw.

I then got to sit down and watch them build my clubs. They seemed to take great care in checking everything 2/3 times to make sure everything was correct as each component was chosen and put together.

All in all a great few hours spent trying out clubs and walking away with a brand new set of irons. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a new set of clubs.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Sounds comprehensive, but did they fit you for socks ?

I went to american golf for a sock fitting, so dissapointed, they only offered static fitting. Never even talked about the data from the GC Sock launch monitor. When I asked about Soft or Hard stepping to change performance they looked so confused!! Never going back.

Enjoy your clubs Wes, heard nothing but gushing praise for the TCBs

Buckbeak

Visit site
I went to american golf for a sock fitting, so dissapointed, they only offered static fitting. Never even talked about the data from the GC Sock launch monitor. When I asked about Soft or Hard stepping to change performance they looked so confused!! Never going back.

Enjoy your clubs Wes, heard nothing but gushing praise for the TCBs

It’s such a shame that there’s such a variety of reviews from American Golf. Heard many stories like yours, I went to New Malden for my irons and had a really good fitting. Saw the data and was quite technical. Although looking at this review of Scottsdale and other fitters, I think my next fitting will be elsewhere

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

American Golf have partially solved the sock fitting issue as they now stock Stromberg socks which are individually marked L and R.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
American Golf have partially solved the sock fitting issue as they now stock Stromberg socks which are individually marked L and R.
This is a step forward, I'd love it if we had access to the tour socks, they have the threadweight digitally marked on each. Off the shelf threadweight especially if its unmatched could mess with the legs overall swingweight. Ruining consistency.

sunshine

Visit site

It's all about adjustability these days. What if you have an injury and your walking pattern changes - you might find yourself having to wear two left socks to compensate.

Boomy

Visit site
This is a step forward, I'd love it if we had access to the tour socks, they have the threadweight digitally marked on each. Off the shelf threadweight especially if its unmatched could mess with the legs overall swingweight. Ruining consistency.

I’ve heard that the new AG Tour+ socks have adjustability for draw or fade bias. Apparently you put the left sock on the right foot and right sock on the left foot for the draw setting. Otherwise they are naturally set to fade. They do offer a fitting session as some peopled struggled to find which end the foot goes in.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I love it how the total context of the original post is lost about 25% of the way in! :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, L & R socks are nothing new. I have had them for years. I put them on the wrong feet last month and it totally destroyed my game.
I am worried now though that if I change my golf socks, does that mean I have to change my clubs as well?

BTW @tigerwes , I'm delighted for you. Sounds like excellent service. To have them made up in front of your eyes rounds it up perfectly. (y)

Last edited:

tigerwes

Hacker
Visit site
I love it how the total context of the original post is lost about 25% of the way in! :ROFLMAO:
Anyway, L & R socks are nothing new. I have had them for years. I put them on the wrong feet last month and it totally destroyed my game.
I am worried now though that if I change my golf socks, does that mean I have to change my clubs as well?

BTW @tigerwes , I'm delighted for you. Sounds like excellent service. To have them made up in front of your eyes rounds it up perfectly. (y)
You might need to check the thickness of your socks, it could affect the lie of the clubs.

Neeko1988

Visit site
I went to Scottsdale a few weeks ago. Excellent service. Proper cool place to go! I ended up with a p790/p770 combo set ?