Brand loyalty

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not at all. Don't understand what you gain from the loyalty. The brand's don't give you anything for having all their stuff.

I get what works best for the best price regardless of who makes it 👍

The brand's do though. They give you confidence in your equipment as you know what to expect and how they're going to perform.

Hitdaball

Visit site
Well I booked a fitting on Mizuno, Titleist and Ping. Interested to see if it makes any difference whatsoever to my ability to hitdaball

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My club shop is a Ping (and increasing also a Srixon) outlet. And as I try to be loyal to my club shop for my golf purchases if and when I buy new clubs next year I'll most likely find myself buying (most likely) Pings. I have no brand loyalty.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
The brand's do though. They give you confidence in your equipment as you know what to expect and how they're going to perform.

So that would be buying what you feel is best. Not a benefit of loyalty. You could have that feel with any club you trust, doesn't have to be one exact brand to trust it.

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm a real whore - happy to play absolutely anything, from any manufacturer, that helps performance or enjoyment (not always the same thing).

Likewise !!!!! Currently have Ping, Cleveland, Wilson Staff, Titleist and Scotty Cameron clubs in the bag with a Nike Putter on the naughty step !!! As whores, perhaps we could start a brothel ???

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Brand loyalty is a function of past experience and marketing! This engenders confidence, pure and simple.

Marketing might be overt from the company or word of mouth from folk you trust.

My first golf pro was staunch Ping. My first decent set of irons were Ping, and I stuck with them except a minor defection to Callaway shovels after the horrible I3 irons... but returned.... Titleist have bumped Taylor Made out of the wood section of my bag after the pro lent me my current driver to test!

Would i try other brands? Of course, but we have our preferences.....

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
So that would be buying what you feel is best. Not a benefit of loyalty. You could have that feel with any club you trust, doesn't have to be one exact brand to trust it.

Nope. It's buying what you have built up a trust in over the years and know it works and performs for you.

Personally I would never say X brand is better than Y brand when it comes to the major manufacturers yet when some professionals change brands it doesn't work out for whatever reason despite their tremendous talent and ability. It can be as simple as moving away from a tool they trust.

Oldham92

Hacker
Visit site
Nope. It's buying what you have built up a trust in over the years and know it works and performs for you.

Personally I would never say X brand is better than Y brand when it comes to the major manufacturers yet when some professionals change brands it doesn't work out for whatever reason despite their tremendous talent and ability. It can be as simple as moving away from a tool they trust.

But that still isn't a reward for buying from the same brand. It's a reason why you choose to.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Brand loyalty is a function of past experience and marketing! This engenders confidence, pure and simple.

Marketing might be overt from the company or word of mouth from folk you trust.

My first golf pro was staunch Ping. My first decent set of irons were Ping, and I stuck with them except a minor defection to Callaway shovels after the horrible I3 irons... but returned.... Titleist have bumped Taylor Made out of the wood section of my bag after the pro lent me my current driver to test!

Would i try other brands? Of course, but we have our preferences.....

This. Ping is my default starting point but if I went and tested another brand and it outperformed the Ping then it's common sense to consider and put it in the bag. Golf is hard enough and so using whatever equipment gives the best margin of error has to make sense. Usually though, wedges excepted (hence going back to the Gorge model) Ping have something in their range to suit and which competes enough with other brands to make it worth staying with the brand

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Following on from ScienceBoy's post, current setup of clubs is:
Radius
Snake Eyes
Benross
Adams
Wilson Staff
Callaway
Taylor Made

Not too many years ago, I was only 1 club short of an entire Mizuno bag (including bag, headwear, glove) 😁

So been at both extremes 👍

Springveldt

Visit site
I don't care about brand, I'll buy anything that I hit well or I have confidence in. Currently have Callaway woods, TaylorMade hybrid, Ping irons, Vokey wedges, Ping putter.

Giving serious though to getting some Ping wedges now after all the wet wedge tests I've been watching since I'm a complete sucker for this kind of stuff and I normally play early in the morning with a lot of dew on the ground.

Birdie2

Club Champion
Visit site
Always been a fan of ping. Have tried others but have always gone back. My i210s will be hard for me to replace as I live them. Thought I'd end up with a ping driver, but callaway was best after fitting. The one thing I am 100% loyal too is FJ shoes!!!

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
If it fits I will wear it if it works I will use it .
My bag contains a bit of a mixture .
Driver and 5 wood are mizuno
Hybrid is yonex
Irons are currently slazenger
Lob wedge is donnay yes you read it right donnay
Putter is a ray cook.

Hitdaball

Visit site
Well I started my round of fittings today. Currently I have Ping G regular +1 4 degrees up.
Tried the Mizuno 919 but they were a club shorter on same lofts, more backspin but I have a high ball flight anyway (30y with 7 I think) so need for extra stopping power. Hit them ok and liked the feel.

TM M6 were half a club shorter or so, didn’t like the feel - felt quite hard on contact to me (such as I can explain as a 17 HCP)

Titleist T300 I hit nicely and they were on a par with the G distance wise with a slightly lower ball flight. Whilst I have a bang average swing speed suited ostensibly to a regular shaft it was the Project X 6.0 stiffer which gave me the best numbers.

Of the 3 only the T300 would remain in consideration.

Heading to my club to look at G410 and G700 on Monday and then Orka on Friday. I figured I may as well cover all bases.

I will update again then for anyone that has the slightest interest 😆

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Callaway Epic driver.
Ping G400 5 wood.
Ping G410 hybrid 23
Titleist. AP2 irons 4/w
Callaway Mack daddy wedges.
Scotty kombi putter.

I think like modern cars the models all are very similar these days
but you must like the look of what you play with.
If I found a cheaper one that worked I would use it .
But I tend to gravitate to these manufacturers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Always been a fan of ping. Have tried others but have always gone back. My i210s will be hard for me to replace as I live them. Thought I'd end up with a ping driver, but callaway was best after fitting. The one thing I am 100% loyal too is FJ shoes!!!

Similar to me especially given FJ shoes. I've tried other clubs against Ping and normally find the Ping work best (and I love my I series irons).