Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Looking forward to finding How to be Right by James O'Brien in my Christmas stocking.

I might suggest it looks to be a useful (and for some eye-opening) read for others wondering what the hell is going on with the UK at the moment :)

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Running, the Ronnie O Sullivan autobiography.
About half way through, interesting read so far, obviously mental issues there, but another sport where the biggest battle seems against yourself rather than your opponent.
Will probably be finished today or tomorrow and move onto something else.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The James Taylor, cricketer, autobiography. An interesting read. A tough battle for him, and still ongoing.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just completed Nigel Mansell's autobiography... Someone I never warmed to whilst he was racing... Initially found myself changing that view... Howe ver, during the last part of the book (backword as he calls it) he reverts to type and my original opinion is restored... Good read if you are a red 5 can person...

Found an unread Reacher on my kindle which I find an easy entertaining read...

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just read the latest Jack Reacher book by Lee Child, Past Tense. Not really impressed, was 75% of the way through before anything really started happening. Really enjoyed some of the early books but this just plods along. Anyone else read it ?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Command and Control by Eric Schlosser.

It’s a piece of non-fiction about the history of American nuclear weaponery. Very interesting so far.

D

Deleted member 1147

I’m re-reading all of the James Bond novels at the moment.
So much better than the films

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
I'm re reading the Tad Williams Memory, Sorry and Thorn trilogy, as a mate told me about follow trilogy that the first book is out for.

Looking forward to reading about all my favourite characters in the years after :D

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re-reading Nightwatch by Sir Terry Pratchett. One of the Discworld series and (with the possible exception of Thud!) the darkest in what is an otherwise lighthearted series of books. Great story though that makes you think about what you would and wouldn't do differently given the chance to go back to a point in time.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just finished reading jack London's companion novellas Call of the Wild and White Fang

Now you might think that these are books for dog and maybe wildlife lovers only - but they are for anyone with an interest in the north american wilderness and the Yukon gold days of the late 19th century. But they are so much more than that - they are tales of humanity, inhumanity, compassion, loyalty, suffering and love...and can stir emotions that we rarely experience and express. Two very powerful little stories.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
currently reading The Graft by Martina Cole, London smalltime gangster stuff but a good read and jogs along quite nicely.
Awaiting the new Peter James ,Roy Grace series as they are very very good and PJ is an extremely good writer .
if you havent read any of his Roy Grace /dead series then i envy you that you have a wealth of reading that you will enjoy.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just finished “the boy who followed his father to Auschwitz”
It a great read and one book that should be made into a film