Books - what are you reading just now?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is deception point the one with the meteor?
I think his non Langdon books are the better ones.

Also like John Milton. He is the British Jack Reacher

Yes DP is the Meteor / NASA one.

I am liking John Milton, he sounds like a bloke i'd like to go for a pint with! although he is sober now...

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Highly recommend Atomic Habits by James Clear. I'm only a quarter into the book but it's very good and has already had a positive impact on me and even though it's not a golf book, it's had a positive impact on my golf.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have got back into Dan Brown, just finished Digital Fortress which was right up my street, currently reading his new one Origin.

Deception point i thought was excellent.

Also reading Mark Dawsons set, The Cleaner, Saint Death and the Driver. onto the second one. so far so good!

My opinion of you has plummeted to new depths! Dan Brown! Nooooo! Don't do this to yourself. His grammar is just unreadable darling.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Caught up with Ben Elton's Chart Throb, a satire of X Factor.
At the same time it was pretty funny and despairingly sad about how low the UK's TV viewing public will stoop for entertainment.
A touch of Blackadder's last series.

D

Deleted member 1740

I havent read a book for years, i must get back into a good book.

tarmac

Club Champion
Visit site
51dP2Uc8fhL._AC_US218_.jpg
if you like this i can thoroughly recommend the next 6 books in the series too.great read, one of those that you find yourself grabbing a couple of pages every spare minute you have.inspector pekkala was the last tzars personal detective sent to the gulags after the revolution and now works for stalin...give it a whirl:)

rpwilkins

Visit site
If you’ve not heard of David Grann (writes for The New Yorker) both his Lost City of Z (recently made in to a film) and Killers of the Flower Moon are enthralling reads. He’s just released an extended copy of an article he wrote in The New Yorker as a hard back - The White Darkness - which I am currently reading.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome - because I've never read it or any of his books and sometimes I just need a little bit of very gentle, easy and innocent escapism. And I'm also learning about the bits of a little sailing dinghy.