Booking Golf Online

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just don't get it. You get some really cheap "Hot Deals" . Who takes the hit? Why doesn't the club just offer the deals? Baffles me. Still, got a game to play on Saturday morning! :thup:

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Depending on who is offering the deals, it is usually those companies that supply the booking software to the clubs that negotiate a deal for reduced subscription or some free tee times.

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Stupid isn't it?

Occasionally my club offers 'Hot Deals' which are cheaper than the members guest rate meaning my guests book online then I just tag along with them which never seems right.

D

Deleted member 15344

Most of the “hot deals” are at clubs that are already struggling or are not of the greatest standard. The clubs themselves will get a very tiny percentage of the green fee giving to the booking company

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stupid isn't it?

Occasionally my club offers 'Hot Deals' which are cheaper than the members guest rate meaning my guests book online then I just tag along with them which never seems right.

I agree with this. I made the mistake once of paying the guest rate at a friends course. I had checked the Tee Times price beforehand as I thought the guest rate would be no more than that. Lesson learnt, it was £5 more, and I have never made that mistake again. The pro just shrugged his shoulders.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The club local to me is £15 mid week. After 5 pm you can get it for £4 as a single (£3 if you've more than one). It's crazy. But it's not rammed either, in fact I usually have the place to myself. I don't think cheap green fees automatically mean busy and it's not like they're losing much, I often have a bite before I head out and a pint or a coke afterwards, at a guess thats what they're hoping for.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Depending on who is offering the deals, it is usually those companies that supply the booking software to the clubs that negotiate a deal for reduced subscription or some free tee times.

This.

My old club used to give away a tee time or two per day that the company could sell on for whatever it wanted in return for using the software for free. You'd find that they were selling them on for less than the guest price as it was pretty much "free money" to them, plus people would book them as they were cheaper than going direct to the club.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Many of the clubs I have used via hot deals have asked me to contact them direct next time as they will match it....not all, but a significant portion

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most of the “hot deals” are at clubs that are already struggling or are not of the greatest standard. The clubs themselves will get a very tiny percentage of the green fee giving to the booking company

Well this is complete rubbish.

Quick search for the Barnet area shows Tuesday hot deals are available on

Alderham
Old fold manor
Wanstead Golf club
Bushey Hall
Stanmore
Bush hill park
Hendon
Finchley
North Middlesex (beefs course)

None of them are struggling and all are decent tracks to play.

D

Deleted member 17920

Well this is complete rubbish.

Quick search for the Barnet area shows Tuesday hot deals are available on

Alderham
Old fold manor
Wanstead Golf club
Bushey Hall
Stanmore
Bush hill park
Hendon
Finchley
North Middlesex (beefs course)

None of them are struggling and all are decent tracks to play.
Without checking each club and I may be wrong here.

most hot deals are Golfnow deals.

normally 2 tee times a day that the club give to Golfnow as part payment for the website. Golfnow build and run the website for the club.

The club get get nothing from a hot deal, they get the money from other tee times sold online less admin fee etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

Without checking each club and I may be wrong here.

most hot deals are Golfnow deals.

normally 2 tee times a day that the club give to Golfnow as part payment for the website. Golfnow build and run the website for the club.

The club get get nothing from a hot deal, they get the money from other tee times sold online less admin fee etc.

I think when i last looked at Teetimes I think the website is they were mainly very cheap deals at clubs that were struggling hence the clubs going to them and entering into a partnership with them - no idea about Golfnow

As for the list put up - I expect everyone of those clubs don’t have a full membership and are looking to fill short gaps - I know old Fold Manor is when we played it last week and it was in a mess ( course should have been closed )

But you don’t see the top clubs on these websites - because they don’t struggle for guests or members. I wouldn’t go near a website unless I knew the club was getting all the money.

D

Deleted member 17920

I think when i last looked at Teetimes I think the website is they were mainly very cheap deals at clubs that were struggling hence the clubs going to them and entering into a partnership with them - no idea about Golfnow

As for the list put up - I expect everyone of those clubs don’t have a full membership and are looking to fill short gaps - I know old Fold Manor is when we played it last week and it was in a mess ( course should have been closed )

But you don’t see the top clubs on these websites - because they don’t struggle for guests or members. I wouldn’t go near a website unless I knew the club was getting all the money.
golfnow own brs and teeofftimes

They well the club the website and then get 2 tee times a day instead of charging the club.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
If I am planning on playing somewhere other than my home course, I generally look on TOT, clock the lowest price for the day in question, then call up the club and ask them if they will match it. I've never had a refusal, and it generally means I can get a tee time that suits me rather than the time which is cheapest on TOT.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

When do clubs ever get all of the money? They have to pay for someone to make a website and maintain it if it’s a system and that will cost a fee.

It’s the same as paying by card.. the card people take a cut. Cash works better for them but do you actively pay cash to save the club money? Do you heck.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I am planning on playing somewhere other than my home course, I generally look on TOT, clock the lowest price for the day in question, then call up the club and ask them if they will match it. I've never had a refusal, and it generally means I can get a tee time that suits me rather than the time which is cheapest on TOT.

This is good to know. Thanks.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I wonder how it's possible really. Whenever we want to play a course that isn't one we normally play, I always check Tee Off Times and it is pretty much always cheaper than the rate the club advertises for visitors.

Example: If I want to play Grims Dyke this Sunday afternoon, their website says the green fee is £80 for a two-ball. But if I look on TeeOffTimes it's £18 each! That's a massive variance.

Another course very near where I live is Pinner. Their website says weekend green fees after midday are £45. But on Tee Off Times I can book a two-ball at 1:49pm Sunday, for £25 each.

The difference is staggering! The only 'compromise' I guess is that you have pay a £1 booking fee on top, plus you have to pay in advance, so you can't decide not to go on the day if it's raining or whatever. Small price to pay for such massive savings though. I just don't get how it can be as much as 20 quid cheaper to use the app. Anyone who doesn't have TeeOffTimes is shooting themself in the foot.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Forgetting the hot deals part first. Many clubs use golf now or tee off times to catch a wider audience. Some clubs in the out skirts of towns maybe viewed as hidden gems and want to become unhidden gems and this portal would help

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Which is a good point, no commission paid to TOT so more revenue for the club. Win win for club and player

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forgetting the hot deals part first. Many clubs use golf now or tee off times to catch a wider audience. Some clubs in the out skirts of towns maybe viewed as hidden gems and want to become unhidden gems and this portal would help
Once they become discovered gems there's nothing to stop people booking there with TeeOffTimes every time.

That said, I recall one occasion when we booked through TeeOffTimes, and when we turned up at the course it turned out the time we had booked for was double-booked. Apparently the TeeOffTimes booking take a little while to go through, and between us booking & paying, and them receiving the booking, they had given someone else the same tee time over the phone. They had to honour our booking since we'd paid, but we had to wait another half hour for the next gap. Luckily it was a nice day so we just spent the time knocking around on the putting green.