Boat of garten 15/100

G1z1

Visit site
Played boat of garten this morning and the opening hole is a par 3 not sure why but I hate opening holes that are par 3s for some reason. Course was very nice and a fun course to play with tight fairways. My driving was dodgy today even though I scored well. I was starting to hit those horrible low drives again but luckily they stayed straight. Highlight was my eagle on the 13th chipped in from 40 yards. For me Spey valley was a much better course, I think Spey valley just had the wow factor but boat of garten was a really good enjoyable course.

0B3115BF-2FA4-4DB9-A554-3EDFD8F5E4D9.jpeg36AEA33B-6947-4E41-BD85-65759695198F.jpeg6FC1A532-9668-4BE8-8694-B3B7256033A3.jpegEF8F5C92-43DB-4730-BFD3-0D0F446FBCDD.jpeg520F3D67-64AF-45E0-BA90-B722559EEF38.jpeg1C13C0C8-D4E4-4402-8C10-9A7AA64A4C1B.jpegC13FC3A4-6D4D-4BA1-B0AD-96429D54AF35.jpegE9FD1F53-FB7F-418B-9F63-14C006ABB56D.jpeg50A34A65-6BEE-415A-B9EB-CE097CCE0A7C.jpeg32D3EAAF-46A3-4A2B-B522-A979302217CD.jpeg

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well done on the eagle- I see the golfing god then brought you back to earth with a double on the next hole! ?
Why doesn’t he just let you enjoy the game??

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
I have played there a few times, three I think, been fortunate with the conditions, always enjoyed it, but just cannot get my head around that 15th hole, no matter what I take off the tee I have ended up at the bottom of the gully.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you can shot 78 gross around BOG off 24 at this time of year I wouldntvwant to play you for money. Its an extremely difficult course unless you are straight off the tee. Greens are usually pretty slow due the lack of growth this time of year. 18th has to be one of the toughest finishing holes up here.

Tbh I probably enjoy it more than SV, that can be a bit of a slog at times as its pretty long. Usedvto play thereva fair bit when one of my mates was a member.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well played yet again. What is the position with your home Club please if you are managing to shoot the scores you have shot? I expect the courses you have played are the first time which are worth 2/3 shots for local knowledge.

What realistically do you think your handicap should be please?

G1z1

Visit site
Well played yet again. What is the position with your home Club please if you are managing to shoot the scores you have shot? I expect the courses you have played are the first time which are worth 2/3 shots for local knowledge.

What realistically do you think your handicap should be please?
I think my phone has me at 7.9 that tracks all my cards. I probably play April’s comp win that then get my handicap cut by a lot and before anyone says my score won’t go down well with the club. In my interview for joining my new club I explained my situation about my handicap and that I wanted to get it down because it was off by quite a bit and the chairman actually told me to play one or two medals and get easy wins and that would soon see my handicap corrected. So that’s what I plan to do, so after may I should have an accurate handicap although the way I hit my driver today I probably would be a 24 handicap

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think my phone has me at 7.9 that tracks all my cards. I probably play April’s comp win that then get my handicap cut by a lot and before anyone says my score won’t go down well with the club. In my interview for joining my new club I explained my situation about my handicap and that I wanted to get it down because it was off by quite a bit and the chairman actually told me to play one or two medals and get easy wins and that would soon see my handicap corrected. So that’s what I plan to do, so after may I should have an accurate handicap although the way I hit my driver today I probably would be a 24 handicap
Playing for fun with “no card” in your hand is not the same as playing in competitions. There is no such thing as an easy win in golf, no matter how good you are.

D

Deleted member 23270

If I was in your position I would play off 7.9 to test myself and see how my scores stacked up against par. Playing off 24 is pointless IMHO.

G1z1

Visit site
If I was in your position I would play off 7.9 to test myself and see how my scores stacked up against par. Playing off 24 is pointless IMHO.
I didn’t think of that, I’ll start taking 8 shots off per game now and see how I go. I honestly think I’m probably around 12 the now I want to have a official handicap of single figures by the end of the season but need some work on the driver and woods. played 9 last night with driver and they were nice and straight but still slightly low and ended up +5 after 9 its just I am still inconsistent and have the odd blow up game. The people I’ve played with who are low single figures are just super consistent and there bad shots are not really that bad lol

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I didn’t think of that, I’ll start taking 8 shots off per game now and see how I go. I honestly think I’m probably around 12 the now I want to have a official handicap of single figures by the end of the season but need some work on the driver and woods. played 9 last night with driver and they were nice and straight but still slightly low and ended up +5 after 9 its just I am still inconsistent and have the odd blow up game. The people I’ve played with who are low single figures are just super consistent and there bad shots are not really that bad lol
I have also noticed that you have 24 handicap on your card, irrespective of what course you played. Are you applying the corse handicap correctly when you play?

G1z1

Visit site
I have also noticed that you have 24 handicap on your card, irrespective of what course you played. Are you applying the corse handicap correctly when you play?
No I just always put 24 down as it’s what it says on Scottish golf. I did notice when I was at easy ren it got bumped upto 26 and not sure why because that’s a easy course to get round

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No I just always put 24 down as it’s what it says on Scottish golf. I did notice when I was at easy ren it got bumped upto 26 and not sure why because that’s a easy course to get round
A Handicap Index of 24 will usually get you more than 24 shots at most courses. I am 20.1 and get 21/22 shots at my home course depending on which tees I play off.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
A Handicap Index of 24 will usually get you more than 24 shots at most courses. I am 20.1 and get 21/22 shots at my home course depending on which tees I play off.
it would also make a difference to the handicap which tees. Played a group outing last week and a few of the higher guys got less shots as that club were still on forwardish tees

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
In my interview for joining my new club I explained my situation about my handicap and that I wanted to get it down because it was off by quite a bit and the chairman actually told me to play one or two medals and get easy wins and that would soon see my handicap corrected. So that’s what I plan to do

Unbelievable :censored:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Unbelievable :censored:
Agreed. Putting a couple of cards in medals in with that handicap is not the right thing to do if you know you're playing better. Yes, you will probably win, but it won't be a "fair" win and, to be frank, if you know you're playing better, that much better than your handicap, you would be, IMO, cheating. (Yes, a strong term, but golf is a self-regulating game, so it is your responsibility to make sure your handicap reflects your ability).
You should submit some general play cards at your club to give you a realistic handicap before you play the medal. You seem reluctant to put in cards till your game is more settled. That's not how golf works. You will have good days, and bad days, but to be fair and honest your handicap should reflect what you're playing off now. Yours is plainly not.

Last edited:

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Its the new way of the world, weve already at the end of april got a new member whos never finished outside the top 5, has 2 years of scores, and after a 40+ point stableford, got a lift.

Genie is well and truly out of the bottle

Last edited: