Bloody Sheep

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Apart from the puns, it begs the question what was a sheep doing on the course? Is it a normal thing on the OP's course and don't they damage the greens

I have seen sheep grazing on courses in the Peak District, I assumed it was natural grass cutting, don't know about greens though.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Back to the original issue, it would be fair to say you didn't fare wool as a result of the collision; in fact it all went a bit pear-sheeped. I might even go out on a lamb and suggested you're little upset? Shear up, there's always the next round. I think you cud be getting a little fed up with this lack of sympathy, so I'll be like the good shepherd, and get the flock out of here... ;)

Just be grateful it doesn't involve Eagles after the music thread...:p

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Apart from the puns, it begs the question what was a sheep doing on the course? Is it a normal thing on the OP's course and don't they damage the greens

Sheep roam over most of our course and the mess on the greens is a tad annoying ,but unless it's really wet they don't do much damage on the greens, they can be a help in keeping the rough down so not all bad.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Back to the original issue, it would be fair to say you didn't fare wool as a result of the collision; in fact it all went a bit pear-sheeped. I might even go out on a lamb and suggested you're little upset? Shear up, there's always the next round. I think you cud be getting a little fed up with this lack of sympathy, so I'll be like the good shepherd, and get the flock out of here... ;)

Just be grateful it doesn't involve Eagles after the music thread...:p

I actually saw a white tail sea eagle flying around our course this summer, now that's the type of eagle I like ;)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
You need to get out more Homer!

Many a course has sheep (or indeed cows) on it. They keep them off the greens with a little electric fence. (Golfers with short legs need to take care when stepping over them ...)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
You need to get out more Homer!

Many a course has sheep (or indeed cows) on it. They keep them off the greens with a little electric fence. (Golfers with short legs need to take care when stepping over them ...)

The world ends north of London didn't you know!

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
what was a sheep doing on the course? Is it a normal thing on the OP's course and don't they damage the greens
Spoken like a true townie! :p

2 of my favourite courses for an annual visit are Welshpool and Church Stretton - both always somewhat bracing but the v ewes :) from the top are worth it!

Last time at Stretton the sheep were seeking shelter from the hail and wind in the bunkers!

Welshpool's another with little electric fences around the greens (which are usually woolly enough :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Some of you guys are a bit cruel. I mean, what was the sheep thinking?
'There am I quietly grazing and keeping the grass down for free, then along comes a bloody golfer. I have to cope with all weathers, wires around the greens, and crazy bipedal creatures trying to get a small ball into a small hole with iron sticks.