Bloody Credit Crunch

Ken_A

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Any one else feeling the pinch-

I was given my notice on Friday and this is my last week.
The wife went into work today to find the recievers where 'in', She has no job from Monday.

Looking on the paper for jobs and there is one single page with 6 jobs in it!!! I cannie believe it.

Times are not good. :(

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Bad luck Ken, what sort of work are you in, have you anything sorted yet?
jobs4ni and the telegraph online (loadsajobs)would be a good bet, if youre in techy stuff vanrath are a good start too.

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
Ken - sorry to hear this. :( If I remember correctly your career choice is housing / Construction related ?( as is mine). We always seem to the first to feel the pain when times get hard unfortunately. I wish you the best of luck in your search for an alternative.

forefortheday

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Bad luck Ken.

Hope you and the mrs find something soon been through redundancy once before and it's not nice by any stretch of the imagination.

Good luck in finding something soon

cm_qs

Head Pro
Visit site
We always seem to the first to feel the pain when times get hard unfortunately

Shame you guys didnt think of the rest of us when you where creaming it in over the past 10 years ;)

Sadly, the majority of the "cream" to be had in construction is lapped up by the funders, developers and sellers. Us poor saps who actually drag buildings out of the ground find things much less "creamy" even in the boom times. What is happening now is that the cats are cutting back on their consumption and it's the cows and the milkmen that are really suffering.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good luck in your job hunt. Know exactly how you feel as went through the same myself in June and my wife went through it a few years ago. She turned up at work to be met by security guards who took possession of all company cars, phones, laptops etc then issued each person with £10.00 to find their way home.