Bladed irons & the higher h/cap

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think that until you get down to a low handicap (exactly how low, I don't know as I haven't got there yet) your score will largely be dictated by how bad your bad shots are rather than how good your good shots are.

A high handicapper will have bad shots that are beyond the help of a GI club, so on the very bad shots, they're unlikely to make much difference, although they won't hinder either.

GI clubs help with slight miss hits, so perhaps most beneficial to someone in the mid-handicap range that hits it reasonably consistently but bad shots are short of the green, or missed left or right? I'd say around the handicap I am at where bogey is still my friend, but success is dictated by how many of those bogey's I can turn into pars or even birdies.

Of course confidence in your equipment has a large bearing too, so I'd say go for the most forgiving clubs that you're happy and confident using - if that's blades then go for it.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
If contact is your problem GI irons will help... if face and path are your problem then it does not matter what clubs you play*