Blackmoor Friday 23rd December

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My money is on swinger. He only ever plays the first 14 holes.

Richard was telling me all the way round how beautiful the last 4 holes were so I just thought I'd walk them so I could drink in the scenery. In fairness he did the same and they did look cracking.

I still think he could have beaten me on the day but he chickened out of the shot from the other side of the underpass.

Rest assured I won't be letting the host talk me out of anything on the last! You taught me a good lesson that day!:)

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well thanks to delayed couriers and a supplier cock up im now forced to work Friday. I'm absolutely gutted as it would have been a great day and I was really looking forward to it too. Have a great day guys abd have a good Christmas.

Not-friggin-impressed-socks :( :(

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry you can't make it now OS, especially as it was your original idea. Have a good Xmas mate.

We now have two spaces if anyone wants to join us.

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was hoping my day was going to be clear so I could see of I could tag along a bit lastminute.com.

I seem to have been scheduled some appointments though so not looking good, but enjoy the game chaps.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I was hoping my day was going to be clear so I could see of I could tag along a bit lastminute.com.

I seem to have been scheduled some appointments though so not looking good, but enjoy the game chaps.

If you can make at the last minute you are more than welcome .

Paul unfortunately Smiffy can't play as he has been dragged shopping ! Shame you can't play, but at least we can play the 18th in peace.:p Have a good Xmas, and look forward to a game in the new year.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
why do I have to live so far away. a cracking course that I would love to play again, unfortunately working til 830am, xmas party at 930am and have to go and sign somew papers at 3pm

maybe next time

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Got to about the 16th and it really pelted it down and with gale force winds. Me , Swinger and Therod played the last 2 holes but the others behind (ahem) walked in.

It was good to catch up with you all and thanks for organising Richard.

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I really enjoyed the first 16 holes despite some dubious play by me at times. The on-off drizzle was manageable and the course was in lovely condition. The driving sleet and rain that hit while we were in the open on the 16th fairway (well in the left heather actually) was epic. We therefore decided to call it a day and seek shelter and warmth in the clubhouse.
Thanks to all for the great company, Rich for hosting and Nick for giving me a lift. Shame about the weather at the end but it was still better than xmas shopping or wrapping presents!

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Enjoyed the round, it's always a laugh playing with fellow forumers (Steve your mate was a nice fella), shame we were held up several times by a slow 3-ball in front <GRIN>,... they should have called us through and we'd have gotten finished. Thought I was going to die on the 16th when the real stuff came down... it was literally painful... Richart seemed to quite enjoy it :whistle:

Can't say I remember being quite as cold since...well EVER actually :D

Can't believe you guys actually played the 18th, I'd take my hat off to you if I had one :angry:

Have a good Chrimbo guys... same next year??? :mad::mad::mad: